back in elementary/high school what did you do in gym class??

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
I was just watchin some movie, and it made me think how gym was always depicted as like a real class...nikkas would be in gym uniforms doing push ups and climbing ropes to the top of the ceiling...is this a common thing?? did anybody have to really do this kinda shyt to pass the class??

all my gym classes back in the day consisted of either a 5 minute stretching exercise and then either kick ball, dodge ball or basketball

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
For the most part it was participation and we had to run a mile in under 8 mins for the "final exam" We played softball, basketball, volleyball, weight-lifting the years I took gym in high school. The year I took basketball & weights, the gym teacher was the football coach so he had us doing these tough exercises before we began our activities

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
I was just watchin some movie, and it made me think how gym was always depicted as like a real class...nikkas would be in gym uniforms doing push ups and climbing ropes to the top of the ceiling...is this a common thing?? did anybody have to really do this kinda shyt to pass the class??

all my gym classes back in the day consisted of either a 5 minute stretching exercise and then either kick ball, dodge ball or basketball

Yup that what we did too...they just throw some basketballs on the court and just watched us play. Some days volleyball inside...others days basketball...

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
Depended on the time of year. September to early November was football. Whole winter was basketball or volleyball. Spring was basketball or football.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
For the most part it was participation and we had to run a mile in under 8 mins for the "final exam" We played softball, basketball, volleyball, weight-lifting the years I took gym in high school. The year I took basketball & weights, the gym teacher was the football coach so he had us doing these tough exercises before we began our activities

Yeah, this was pretty much it for me. I was proud about running my mile. I came in 2nd in a class of about 30 people. There was this skinny Filipino kid, he always came in 1st.

Obsession

Born Greatest
Daps
I walked around the school and if it was warm we walked up to Panera Bread Co.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I did fukk all. I literally sat by and watched as everyone else did shyt. Sometimes I'd draw, sometimes I'd go to sleep or eat. Sometimes I'd just skip it altogether.

But I passed all the written tests. Participation was a 0 but I still got by.

Although in elementary school, I participated like hell. I was terrible at basketball but I played and I could serve like a motherfukker in volleyball.

Middle school was the only time where gym was like the movies for me.

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA
Stretch, run a lap, then do whatever sport we were doing at that time.

I thought I was too cool in high school didn't dress out alot of times :snoop:

Action Jackson

Can I live
Daps
Damn in high school we had to do all kinds of shyt. We had swimming class that you had to pass 3 years to graduate. Pull up/ Push up test, rope climb, had to run a mile. We had to take Tennis (which I got kicked out of for breaking a racket over this kid), soccer, volley ball, weight lifting, Frisbee, BBall. Health class was also apart of our gym program.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
elementary school, we hooped. of course we'd take those lil tests but they were easy as fukk. we just wanted to play basketball

the female gym teacher had us learning square dance

before the male gym teacher came, female gym teacher had us doing laps around the ball court.

high school: basketball/played volleyball to mix it up
had to turn in write up of sports articles

Daps
We did a bunch of sports, basketball/volleyball/ball hockey/baseball/field hockey. I even got to teach an unit on badminton in my grade 11 gym class :win:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Take L's :to:
tumblr_mimyettvHS1rnox1so1_400.gif

Last edited:

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Elementary: We did everything...kickball, basketball, volleyball, dodgeball, floor hockey, races, we even had a jumping rope contest...i learned so many tricks. :wow:
Middle School: talk to boys, occasionally play kickball (GOAT school game) and dodgeball (the boys really did all the work, girls have weak arms)
High School: it was all girls...every month we'd have a certain "sport" we'd do for like 30 minutes of the 1.5 hr we'd be there then we'd talk the rest