Average weekly working hours from 1830-1950. Tell me if you can spot the problem.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
What I’m taking from your statement is we just need people with self control and self fulfillment in our government and they’ll make better decisions. So like I said, we first need to get rid of mentally I’ll people as leaders because they’ll just propagate destruction vs having people who care about their people in charge

People have been hoping and praying for over a hundred years that there would be "better people" in government to make better decisions. How has that been working for us?

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
People have been hoping and praying for over a hundred years that there would be "better people" in government to make better decisions. How has that been working for us?
Who said anything about that? All I said is there’s no other option other than better leaders. We can’t get to any solution until we have people in office who care, otherwise people are going to keep committing suicide, getting addicted to drugs, and practice recidivism.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who said anything about that? All I said is there’s no other option other than better leaders. We can’t get to any solution until we have people in office who care, otherwise people are going to keep committing suicide, getting addicted to drugs, and practice recidivism.

Exactly, but people pushing capitalism and rejecting other ideas/ideologys cant even admit to that. Because technically a government of people who care would counter with what capitalism was intended to be. A purely profit driven machine,of a cuthroat nature.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

Are you deliberately ignoring my points so there can be a back and forth? I literally said limiting government is the other option

Hoping and praying to have "better leaders" has been futile for the past 100 years as the federal government has shown time and again they are incapable of managing and allocating resources to where they need to be. Big government has taken the reigns since 1930, and nothing has changed

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
FIxed for me...

I remember back in 2014, I was part of a re-org at my job and I got placed in a position that had absolutely zero responsibilities.

As a holdover from my previous position, I was still responsible for one monthly report that took me about 8 hours to complete, so for a while, I was literally working 8 hours a month.

It sounds cool, but I felt like a loser.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Are you deliberately ignoring my points so there can be a back and forth? I literally said limiting government is the other option

Hoping and praying to have "better leaders" has been futile for the past 100 years as the federal government has shown time and again they are incapable of managing and allocating resources to where they need to be. Big government has taken the reigns since 1930, and nothing has changed
I didn’t say anything that was in the vein of hood and prayer it’s just a fact we can’t protect civilization with evil people in charge. That’s just a fact of life.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I didn’t say anything that was in the vein of hood and prayer it’s just a fact we can’t protect civilization with evil people in charge. That’s just a fact of life.

And I'll ask again (which you still haven't responded to). What makes you think we will have non-evil leadership in government based on the history for the last 100 years?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
By this logic we shouldn't be working by now. Everything is finite and has a limitation.

There's nothing wrong with a 40 hour week, though how it's worked is inefficient (8x5 instead of 10x4) and lack of sufficient vacation culture and time off to deal with variables of life. And of course cost of living making it mandatory to overwork to support yourself.

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I remember back in 2014, I was part of a re-org at my job and I got placed in a position that had absolutely zero responsibilities.

As a holdover from my previous position, I was still responsible for one monthly report that took me about 8 hours to complete, so for a while, I was literally working 8 hours a month.

It sounds cool, but I felt like a loser.

I understand how you felt. Not having responsibility sounds nice in theory but it can take a toll on morale especially back in that time where I’m Assuming you were in office.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I understand how you felt. Not having responsibility sounds nice in theory but it can take a toll on morale especially back in that time where I’m Assuming you were in office.

Nah I was working from home at the time. Basically smoking weed and jacking off for a living.