'Avengers: Infinity War' Won't Be Split Into Two Movies

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
The Russo bros alluded to this very early on when they were confirmed as the directors for it. This is just Disney/Marvel confirming it.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They probably got shook because part 1 of that Divergent movie tanked and part 2 is gonna be aired on tv. :dead:

It's one thing to keep making good sequels but it's another to split a movie in 2 just to pad that ish with filler to get azzes in the seat twice.

Dude... The movie is called the avengers: infinity war... You think those execs scared of what happened to that stupid detergent movie?! :mjlol:

It'll still be a two partner under a different name just you watch

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
they'll probably be two movies that are essentially part 1 and 2, but just named two different things instead of Infinity War part 1 and part 2.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
To be fair breh is right all the "split the final movie into 2 parts" movies are weak. And just $$ grabs

Even harry potter deathly hallows pt1 is a bit of a drag in retrospect

2 different movies is much better
Harry Potter needed it. That forest scene in part 1 when on for hundreds of pages in the book. It was painful to read.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I bet Thanos will be a boring 1 note villain

Lord knows his appearance in gotg was trash

Typical DC Stan already complaining about a movie still in production with no trailer out.
wJ44qEQ.png

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Hell yeah I'm comparing those movies. Not from a quality standpoint because I've never seen a Divergent movie but you better believe that they saw what happened to the Divergent movie and decided to not even set themselves to be looked at in that light. This whole 3rd movie split into two different movies stuff is dead now. They just decided to re-brand the 2nd movie into its own thing.

Your right but slightly off. It really started with "Twilight" so your right in that it was YA. The last two "Twilights" were split and the 4th film underperformed. "Harry Potter" orginally did it first and it worked as the last film was huge but that was on it's 7th and 8th film. Technically speaking it's happen throughout movie history with films shot back to back. Outside of the "Lord Of The Rings" Trilogy which each film increased. The first series to do it was "Back To The Future" and the 3rd film dropped off. "Matrix" did it right after and "Revolutions" dropped off. But those are Trilogies. After "Twilight" broke up "Breaking Dawn" it started the trend of audiences catching on that the two movie finale was a cash grab.

"Hunger Games" split the final two films and the 4th film underperformed as well". "Divergent" was then trying it again hoping they could get away with it but those numbers on Part 3 forced their hand. "Divergent" wasn't even that big for them to be doing that. So the "Two-Part Finale" is basically DOA right now. Also though "Civil War" did great it didn't outgross the last two "Avengers" with all those characters so they see the writing is on the wall with Box Office right now. So making the 4th Avengers film a completely different film is a better opition than the two-part finale.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:patrice: They gonna rush through Thanos in two hours?

Might as well have him tell some off brand jokes and shyt to lighten the mood too :ehh:

Thanos has jokes in the comics so not like its "out of character" for him........ so if they stick to who he is.... sounds good to me:sas2:

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
Too many shots fired in the replies so I can't address every comment :whew: But I will address some overarching themes. A few posters cited the fact that these part 2 movies under perform. Check the net and read up on the plans for the latest split movie getting demoted to straight to tv status and tell me that wouldn't make even a successful company like Disney re-evaluate their release strategy. The fact that Disney and the Avengers are so successful makes it even more likely that they'd re-brand the movies into 2 separate ones instead of parts 1&2 to avoid the negative connotations developing among the movie audience regarding that strategy.

Any argument/reply saying that the movie is going to do numbers regardless is missing the mark. Disney isn't going to do something and say we'll still make money they're trying to maximize the money that they make, which are 2 very different stratgies. If a simple thing like re-titling a movie is going to separate them from a faltering release strategy, help ensure strong fan perception of the brand, and help to avoid decreased revenue then you better believe they're gonna get "shook" switch things up.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I'm pretty sure that the final battle vs Thanos will be in the 4th Avengers movie
It's hest that they're going to be 2"separate" movies

But that's the thing. Thanos has been teased for the past 4 years. I don't think they're going to just end it with these next 2 avengers movies. Marvel has realized the value of slow burn. They might not even deal with Thanos in the 4th Avengers movie. They might wait until Avengers 5 or 6. As the MCU has expanded, so has the storyline.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I'm pretty sure that the final battle vs Thanos will be in the 4th Avengers movie
It's hest that they're going to be 2"separate" movies

But that's the thing. Thanos has been teased for the past 4 years. I don't think they're going to just end it with these next 2 avengers movies. Marvel has realized the value of slow burn. They might not even deal with Thanos in the 4th Avengers movie. They might wait until Avengers 5 or 6. As the MCU has expanded, so has the storyline.