AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This really did feel like the end of the MCU. I know it continues beyond that but this was a great point to get off the ride. I kinda wonder if there was an actual plan for the path after this movie or if they’ve just been winging it since.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
This really did feel like the end of the MCU. I know it continues beyond that but this was a great point to get off the ride. I kinda wonder if there was an actual plan for the path after this movie or if they’ve just been winging it since.
it was. never gonna be an event like that again. you're not gonna be sitting in Secret Wars and getting all romantic about the past 20 years b/c fukkin Mr. Fantastic from the crappy F4 movies shows up and old ass Tobey Maguire stands next to 75 year old Hugh Jackman. even if they do a "Avengers Assemble" moment with literally every actor who has ever been in a marvel and marvel adjacent property, you're gonna sit there like, "man, there are sooooo many jobbers in that shot."

i'm excited for xmen to come over... but i would say 60% of the characters in the Singer-era XMen fukkin suck. "Yoooooo, it's Anna Paquin Rogue and... that guy Bobby Fireball or whatever!!!! ohhhh shyt."

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was. never gonna be an event like that again. you're not gonna be sitting in Secret Wars and getting all romantic about the past 20 years b/c fukkin Mr. Fantastic from the crappy F4 movies shows up and old ass Tobey Maguire stands next to 75 year old Hugh Jackman. even if they do a "Avengers Assemble" moment with literally every actor who has ever been in a marvel and marvel adjacent property, you're gonna sit there like, "man, there are sooooo many jobbers in that shot."

i'm excited for xmen to come over... but i would say 60% of the characters in the Singer-era XMen fukkin suck. "Yoooooo, it's Anna Paquin Rogue and... that guy Bobby Fireball or whatever!!!! ohhhh shyt."
I used to joke that I can’t die until I watched Endgame because I needed to see how the story ended. With how the last phase panned out, MCU will never have me hyped like that again. Honestly, probably no movie series will. The Infinity Saga was a once in a lifetime moment

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

At the end it's just gonna be X-Men and spiderman carrying marvel like they did for the entire 70s, 80s and 90s.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I think with Xmen in the fold the possibility for a grand event exist again but it’s not going to be easy to pull off.

In all fairness to them they probably do need to reset and start all over now that they have access to all their properties.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They can do it again, they could have done it with the next phase. The problem was they had likable actors and at least 20 great movies/shows, 10 great, and probably 5 classics in that span..

Phase 4-6 has had maybe 1 great show and 1 great movie and that's pushing it.. And who the hell are the great leads that can carry their franchise, let alone 5 of them to want a team up? It ain't there

Marvel mismanaged during the casting and writing of this entire phase. They better get the MUTANTS right... Not the X-men.. They should honestly get 5-6 great stars and do franchises until the x-men is the team up movie with magneto as a big bad for 1-3 phases.. Something like that would get us all back..

But they won't