Audio From Former Slaves

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
I watched that old HBO documentary The Slave Narratives a few months back. Should be a required watch for every black child. We need a better understanding of our past and WHY we are in the position that we are in now. So many of us are unaware that we were (and still continue to be) systematically oppressed and kept as 2nd class citizens.

Slaves ate out of troughs like pigs. Guess i had never really thought specifically how slaves ate. That part made my heart drop when i saw that part.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I watched that old HBO documentary The Slave Narratives a few months back. Should be a required watch for every black child. We need a better understanding of our past and WHY we are in the position that we are in now. So many of us are unaware that we were (and still continue to be) systematically oppressed and kept as 2nd class citizens.

Slaves ate out of troughs like pigs. Guess i had never really thought specifically how slaves ate. That part made my heart drop when i saw that part.
There should be a lot required for black kids to watch and learn but won't because the history system is fukked up. I think i the Slave Narratives in either high school Afro history or college Afro history. It also makes me appreciate black teachers who teach black history because it's done with passion.