Audi Owners

Swagg Pitt

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Swagg Pitt - Didn't want to derail 335 thread. Took a few yesterday after you asked when I had to go pick up the wife. 2011 and yeah has B&O and Nav. Lighting is crap in this condo's underground parking but will do a proper shoot this weekend with my buddy's Nikon DSLR.

IMG_20131016_222535_zps376bf429.jpg

IMG_20131016_222600_zps5702ef62.jpg

IMG_20131016_222635_zps297b975a.jpg

IMG_20131016_222649_zps8e080d48.jpg

IMG_20131016_222739_zps7ba34c38.jpg

IMG_20131016_222733_zps286d4d7c.jpg

IMG_20131014_104032_zpsbbb8f320.jpg

Parked beside Wife's E46 that we're selling. Forgot I took this pic over the weekend.

:noah:

You have the exact car I want breh. Black with the red/black interior. That or Ibis White exterior. And all them options too?! :sadbron:

Ima go and cry real quick in the corner.... but when I return you'll get one of these :salute:

When you went car shopping what other cars did you consider before going with the S4? What ultimately made you go with the s4?

Swagg Pitt

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black (Brilliant or Phantom) and Ibis White were also what I was looking for. Initially wanted Phantom Black but coming from a car that has flakes in the paint, it was annoying how "dusty" the car would look when slightly dirty. Kind of glad I went with the brilliant black, though phantom black in the sun does look incredible with the flakes glistening. Problem I found with Ibis White cars in Toronto is that most had a straight black interior. I only saw one that had a two-tone of the off-white/black seats. And yeah, coming from a loaded car, I couldn't settle for one that didn't have all the options I wanted. Especially for what I would be paying for a pre-owned vehicle. The difference was a few grand to get alot more. Nav, B&O, Sport diff were a must. Car also had Side Assist which was a nice bonus.

Shopping started last year. Was initially looking for a V8 S5 2010-2012. I wanted a coupe, and bad. But after hearing about the excessive carbon build up on the V8 motors and how it robs power I decided to look at the S4s (and other brands) when summer rolled around - I just had to test drive one first. Ended up taking a spin in a 11' S4 white on black in a 6-speed and fell in love with how much faster it felt than the v8 s5. Though they run similar 0-60s the s4 feels much quicker and it has now come out that it really is pushing 360-380 to the crank stock.. The 4 doors, practicality and slightly lower insurance helped the decision. But the speed itself, the instant torque at low RPMs is what sold me almost on contact. You can have fun accelerating fast without necessarily "speeding", if that makes any sense.

I cross-shopped alot of cars, mainly between Audi and BMW as I have friends that work at both. I had narrowed it down to S4, S5 V8, 12' A7, 08-09 M3, 11/12 335is and even a C63.

What ultimately made me go with the S4 is it had the right balance of everything: speed, handling (especially when equipped with the sport diff on bends and onramps), interior quality and of course the features. S5 got knocked out cause of terrible mileage and the carbon build up issue, A7 was a little too big/heavy despite having the same motor, M3 - could only find 08-09s and with high mileage and with no options (still an M though, but wouldn't drive it to its proper potential unless I tracked it), 335is plagued by HPFP issues also. C63, though it had the most ponies, I would never utilize it and like the other V8s I was looking at, it also needs to be revved high to get that power extracted. Plus it eats the shyt out of rear tires and mileage is very rough. I know you can't expect high performance with econobox MPG but 18-20 was my minimum cap, and the S4 so far is getting over that easily. The extra 2 doors also essentially took the S5/M3 and 335is out of the running when I thought further about it - as we were condensing to one vehicle. With that said all the other above cars sound better than the S4 stock, either by their engine, or exhaust note (A7 excluded). A simple Roc Euro intake or AWE exhaust will fix that though. Main issue I have to look out on this car (so far) is the water pump which seemed to affect mainly 2010s. Warranty will cover that on my 11' should it arise. From what I've read on the forums like Audizine and others is that it has proven to be a very reliable engine with limited issues, and that was important also. Have a clean record for the past 7 years and didn't want something that attracted too much attention (cops). Most people will just think it's an A4, and I'm okay with that, lol.

In the end, the S4 itself just suited me better than the others for what I was looking for. Can't go wrong with any of those, really.

Thanks for the well thought out response. I'll be in the same boat you are if everything goes right by next year. I just got a job interview yesterday and fingers crossed if I land that I'll be making ~45k which isn't a lot but I'll probably pick up a second job to get money while I'm still young and can handle it.

I'm doing my research now and it's between the S4/S5, M3, and Porsche Cayman. I love the way the S5 looks and I'd prefer that over S4 if everything else was the same but Audi gave the S5 that problematic V8. Also if you were to get the V8 in Auto it would just be a regular automatic instead of Audi's S-Tronic. I've been driving stick since I was 16, and living in a city with one of the worst traffic congestion in the country I'm starting to get tired of that shyt for a Daily driver. So as much as I want the S5 for it's gorgeous looks, I'm going to rule that out.

The S4 has everything that I want but it's a sedan. It's not as hardcore as an M3, but that means I could daily it and skip having a beater car, especially since the gas mileage wouldn't be too terrible. Like you said earlier, chip the car and it'll be a monster. I've seen the video with Chris Harris racing a chipped S4 vs a stock RS4 and the S4 rapes it.

The M3 is a beast and an automotive icon. The only drawbacks I have regarding the car is that it's still really expensive. An 08s are in the mid to high 30s with high mileage and the 08 years had the shytty navigation and I-Drive. Also for a car like this I'd definitely want it to be CPO so I can have a warranty so I'd have to spend atleast 45k to get a decent 09-10. The gas mileage sucks ass so I probably wouldn't want to daily drive that shyt. If I did get one I would have to find one with the Enhanced Premium Sound system option which was $1900 option from the factory. I gotta have my tunes if I'm paying that much for a car. ALso theres MFest which I really want to go to experience at least once. Imagine 150+ M cars mobbing through vegas shuttin the city down ::whew::ufdup:

The Cayman S would be stick though and it would definitely be a car I would take out on the weekends and when I go out, but I wouldn't DD it. It's also a lot sportier and less practical than the other 2 so IDK. Decisions decisions.

All I know is I have to get my paper up right now lol

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Thanks for the well thought out response. I'll be in the same boat you are if everything goes right by next year. I just got a job interview yesterday and fingers crossed if I land that I'll be making ~45k which isn't a lot but I'll probably pick up a second job to get money while I'm still young and can handle it.

I'm doing my research now and it's between the S4/S5, M3, and Porsche Cayman. I love the way the S5 looks and I'd prefer that over S4 if everything else was the same but Audi gave the S5 that problematic V8. Also if you were to get the V8 in Auto it would just be a regular automatic instead of Audi's S-Tronic. I've been driving stick since I was 16, and living in a city with one of the worst traffic congestion in the country I'm starting to get tired of that shyt for a Daily driver. So as much as I want the S5 for it's gorgeous looks, I'm going to rule that out.

The S4 has everything that I want but it's a sedan. It's not as hardcore as an M3, but that means I could daily it and skip having a beater car, especially since the gas mileage wouldn't be too terrible. Like you said earlier, chip the car and it'll be a monster. I've seen the video with Chris Harris racing a chipped S4 vs a stock RS4 and the S4 rapes it.

The M3 is a beast and an automotive icon. The only drawbacks I have regarding the car is that it's still really expensive. An 08s are in the mid to high 30s with high mileage and the 08 years had the shytty navigation and I-Drive. Also for a car like this I'd definitely want it to be CPO so I can have a warranty so I'd have to spend atleast 45k to get a decent 09-10. The gas mileage sucks ass so I probably wouldn't want to daily drive that shyt. If I did get one I would have to find one with the Enhanced Premium Sound system option which was $1900 option from the factory. I gotta have my tunes if I'm paying that much for a car. ALso theres MFest which I really want to go to experience at least once. Imagine 150+ M cars mobbing through vegas shuttin the city down ::whew::ufdup:

The Cayman S would be stick though and it would definitely be a car I would take out on the weekends and when I go out, but I wouldn't DD it. It's also a lot sportier and less practical than the other 2 so IDK. Decisions decisions.

All I know is I have to get my paper up right now lol

Agreed with everything. Trust me, I was initially only looking to get a car in manual, but the way this DSG shifts I already forgot about stick. It is THAT fast. Plus moving Downtown, it was the better option for when I'm in gridlock. What you said about the M3 was dead on, and essentially the reasons I had to take it out the running. To drop near 40k or more on a car with no warranty, outdated i-drive, and high mileage didn't make sense. It is a track beast, but for a daily, the S4 was a better fit.

I completely forgot I had the Cayman S in the running too, but that wasn't till the last 3 weeks or so. Those cars are just incredibly structured. 300hp and everything is in the right place. Just wasn't practical for us and the ones that caught my interest were from private sellers where there would be no warranty or finance options. The newest I could have really got was 09, and that was a stretch.

The Partner at my Firm has a Carrera 4s so I can always convince him into grabbing the keys for when I need that Porsche fix.

Like I said, I was all S5 till driving the S4 a few months back. Sedans can rarely ever compete with a coupe in looks, especially the S5 which I think is one of the best looking coupes ever made. However, the performance that I am experiencing right now with the S4 makes it easy to get over.

Ahh, decisions. Good ol' First World problems :troll: Give me a shout if you got any questions though.

Swagg Pitt

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah sometimes I forget how fortunate we are to be having these type of problems. You should post an update a month in to see how everything settling :salute:

Btw what car were you rocking before the S4?

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Yeah sometimes I forget how fortunate we are to be having these type of problems. You should post an update a month in to see how everything settling :salute:

Btw what car were you rocking before the S4?

2010 Ford Fusion Sport AWD. Bought new/built it from factory. Wasn't necessarily looking for all out performance, but rather the most features per dollar. That car had everything. Had it tuned to about 300hp crank but just wasn't quick. Drivetrain loss was something like 25% because of the AWD. Summer whip was a 1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD that I had planned to build for the track, but that got put on the back burner and eventually sold it to someone who wanted to put some motor work into it (ie: Evolution III turbo swap.)

Last edited:

Swagg Pitt

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn man that's a huge upgrade! I've kind of always liked those eclipses since 01 when Fast and the Furious came out. Don't judge me :demonic:

You got any plans for the S4? If I was in your shoes I would just keep it stock and enjoy it like it is for awhile. Doesn't really need anything in my eyes. Did you get it CPO with 6/100k warranty or do you just have the regular warranty.

All this talk about the S4 has me looking on autotrader and plotting to come up with $$$ lol. I could probably put 15k down and finance it but I want to pay off my school loans first, so probably in a year.

Swagg Pitt

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haha I won't judge but they were the worst generation. God damn you Tyrese! :dead:

As far as plans, I made a deal with the Wifey that no mods for atleast a year. I always get the itch (suspension, rims, exhaust, intake, tune) but this car stock is already quick. I would like a little more grunt so I will probably do something that won't affect warranty ie: AWE exhaust. The intake and GIAC stage 2 tune will have to wait, but I know come summer when I get dusted by somebody that I will be screaming "fukk warranty" and do it. :heh: Must have willpower.

Yeah I got the CPO 6/100 which is roughly 3 years of warranty from when I bought it.

Pay off school first!

Just got the call from HR today. I got the job :blessed:

Yeah I definitely will get my priorities straight, but I'll still be checking autotrader every few weeks and day dreaming haha.

Enjoy the whip as it is, once you start getting bored then add a mod here or there so you fall back in love with it :salute:

Update us with your car experience in a month with some Pros/Cons. I'm always interested to hear owners perspectives after they live with the car for a little bit.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Dam, every 10k is sweet. Friend of a friend who is an Audi mechanic was telling me where he work they usually charge $125 per hour for labor . Using mid or greater fuel is something to get used to also.
Why dont you change the brakes & oil yourself? :ld:

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Not too familiar with german cars so I wouldn't want to fukk something up :yeshrug:
lol its the same as any other car, you just need to add a set of allen wrenches to your tools. I've done benz's, beemers, audis etc...There's gangs of youtube videos & full guides to walk you through if need be.