Audi Owners

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
B7 S4?
what are you thoughts on the APR 2.0t upgrades?
B8 S4, I was actually going to trade my B8 A4 in for one last Friday but that's another story . I really like the car compared to its contemporaries. I'd stay away from the B7 S4 and S5 that has a V8, the engine is expensive and unreliable imo. They sound nice but they aren't fast by any means, I've driven Sedans Avants and Coupes, it's too bad.
APR is a good company. If they say their kits can do something it can and it will be reliable. I have had their tune on one my cars in the past and it was great. If I were going to upgrade my 2.0 I would get a ko4 and tuning. The 2.0 engine worries me a bit as well(much less than the v8 though). I'm worried about carbon build up and my car is drinking oil.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Might as well grab a used A5? :ld: More sporty, priced about the same. More stunting! More hoez! :obama:

Its like 5-10K more than a comparable A4
Get a used S4 if you can find one, I have a 10 A4 and it's a nice car but it's slow as death.

A little more than I wanna spend
Cars mo matter how reliable are money pits

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
My co-worker has an Audi A8 and she said that she has a separate account just for that car for when anything goes wrong with it. The maintanence is more than for my car (Chevy Impala) but that is to be expected. She hasn't had too many problems out of the car. The only problem she has had was a bad O2 sensor. Other than that, that car is like a tank.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
My co-worker has an Audi A8 and she said that she has a separate account just for that car for when anything goes wrong with it. The maintanence is more than for my car (Chevy Impala) but that is to be expected. She hasn't had too many problems out of the car. The only problem she has had was a bad O2 sensor. Other than that, that car is like a tank.
Any idea how long she has had it and what year it is?

they're in the 30's and 40's right now

I drove a 12' for 35k a last week

For 35k that's dam good. Was everything up to par and was it prestige or P+?

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
She bought a 2006 Audi A8 and she has had it for a year and a 1/2 now. It looks exactly like the one in this picture even down to the rims.
2006_audi_a8_quattro_4dr_sedan_awd-pic-42253.jpeg

The interior looks exactly like this on the inside.

images
:whew:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Any idea how long she has had it and what year it is?

For 35k that's dam good. Was everything up to par and was it prestige or P+?

It was a prestige, drive select, 6 speed, b&o, nav etc

Had some minor scuffs on the bumper, minor curbage on rims and wasn't detailed when I got there(none of this previously disclosed). I had put a deposit on it and told them to make sure everything was detailed and correct for when I go there. The dealership left a bad taste in my mouth so I ended up not buying it. Wasted a whole afternoon, bunch of idiots. I'll probably buy one before October.

Last edited:

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It was a prestige, drive select, 6 speed, b&o, nav etc

Had some minor scuffs on the bumper, minor curbage on rims and wasn't detailed when I got there(none of this previously disclosed). I had put a deposit on it and told them to make sure everything was detailed and correct for when I go there. The dealership left a bad taste in my mouth so I ended up not buying it. Wasted a whole afternoon, bunch of idiots. I'll probably buy one before October.
Yea too bad that deal fell through

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
Last Audi i had was a 2011 Audi A3. They are some of the most fun to drive cars, but that maintenance shyt is REAL. Once the warranty is up they seem to be designed to have problems you cant fix without going to the dealer. If you dont mind having to use the Dealer for your mechanic go for it.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Audi i had was a 2011 Audi A3. They are some of the most fun to drive cars, but that maintenance shyt is REAL. Once the warranty is up they seem to be designed to have problems you cant fix without going to the dealer. If you dont mind having to use the Dealer for your mechanic go for it.
Do you still have it?

Since my issues with non dealers I had with the car before what I have now, which is a corolla, I never go to anyone but a dealership unless I get a referral from multiple people I know.

Wonder if I should try and lease first though:patrice:. I keep my cars for a long time so I wanted to buy. And I drive more than 15k miles anywau.

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
Do you still have it?

Since my issues with non dealers I had with the car before what I have now, which is a corolla, I never go to anyone but a dealership unless I get a referral from multiple people I know.

Wonder if I should try and lease first though:patrice:. I keep my cars for a long time so I wanted to buy. And I drive more than 15k miles anywau.
Nah i dont have it anymore, sold it for a good price while i still could. Got to 54k and it had a problem with the power seat, vaccuming it out i pushed it all the way forward and it got stuck.:to: $1700 to fix what would be a $200 repair on any other car. Audis and to a lesser extent VWs are designed so that 1. There are no easy fixes 2. Even minor repairs can only be done at the dealer. You cant go to an Audi dealership and spend less than $500.

DO NOT LEASE AN AUDI OR ANY OTHER LUXURY CAR!
When the lease is up they will give you two options - pay a ridiculous amount of nickel and dime charges for "damages beyond normal wear and tear":mjpls:or buy the car for more than it's worth:birdman:. If you cant buy a luxury car with cash or a significant (30% or more) down payment, dont even bother its not worth the hassle.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nah i dont have it anymore, sold it for a good price while i still could. Got to 54k and it had a problem with the power seat, vaccuming it out i pushed it all the way forward and it got stuck.:to: $1700 to fix what would be a $200 repair on any other car. Audis and to a lesser extent VWs are designed so that 1. There are no easy fixes 2. Even minor repairs can only be done at the dealer. You cant go to an Audi dealership and spend less than $500.

DO NOT LEASE AN AUDI OR ANY OTHER LUXURY CAR!
When the lease is up they will give you two options - pay a ridiculous amount of nickel and dime charges for "damages beyond normal wear and tear":mjpls:or buy the car for more than it's worth:birdman:. If you cant buy a luxury car with cash or a significant (30% or more) down payment, dont even bother its not worth the hassle.
Dam that power seat sounds like a straight fluke out of no where.

I'm definitely planning on putting a nice chunk down, was thinking around $10k, but I'm also attempting to find 0-1.9% somewhere. I'm sitting on a top tier credit score so I know I find it somewhere.