Atlanta’s black Mayor Keisha lance Bottoms officially endorses Joe Biden for President

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
You think a mixed race woman has a better chance over Joe or Bernie?

:mjgrin:

This is America breh...Joe has the better chance over Kamala easily.

Cory booker don't stand a chance either...cacs would show out in droves...they don't want another black person in office again.
i didnt say i thought any of that bruh :dwillhuh:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
After Harris attack, Biden scores endorsement from Atlanta’s black female mayor

After Harris attack, Biden scores endorsement from Atlanta’s black female mayor

Published: June 28, 2019 3:38 p.m. ET

Biden also speaks before civil rights group: ‘A campaign debate exchange can’t do justice to a lifetime commitment to civil rights’

MW-HM468_biden__20190628142550_ZH.jpg

Democratic presidential front-runner Joe Biden landed a key endorsement Friday from Atlanta’s black female mayor, Keisha Lance Bottoms, with the vote of confidence coming a day after he endured an attack from rival Kamala Harris over his past opposition to busing.

Bottoms said it’s “most important that we have a president who doesn’t have to walk in the door and figure out where the light switch is, that we have somebody who can lead on Day One,” according to an Associated Press report published ahead of her formal endorsement announcement.

Harris, the only black woman among the 25 Democratic presidential hopefuls, blasted Biden at Thursday night’s Democratic primary debate in Miami for his stance in the 1970s on busing, which helped desegregate public schools. The California senator also criticized the former vice president for his June 18 remarks in which he recalled the “civility” of two segregationist senators.

Bottoms told the AP that those remarks were blown out of proportion, as she noted Biden’s past work on civil-rights issues. “If his explanation was good enough for John Lewis, then it’s good enough for me,” she said, referring to the Georgia congressman and civil-rights icon who has defended the front-runner.

The Atlanta mayor’s support gives Biden 94 points in an endorsement tracker run by FiveThirtyEight, keeping him in fist place among the Democratic candidates. Harris ranks No. 2 with 69 points. The tracker gives 10 points for endorsements from former presidents and vice presidents, 8 points for governors, 3 points for mayors and so on.

Biden also addressed Thursday night’s dustup in a speech Friday in Chicago. The speech, scheduled before the debate, took place at a big meeting of the Rev. Jesse Jackson’s Rainbow PUSH Coalition.

“I heard and I listened to and I respect Sen. Harris. But we all know that 30 seconds to 60 seconds on a campaign debate exchange can’t do justice to a lifetime commitment to civil rights,” Biden said.

“I know and you know, I fought my heart out to ensure that civil rights and voting rights, equal rights are enforced everywhere.”

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
A war that adversely impacted our economy, the one in which black people were at a clear disadvantage, suffering record unemployment. The war that bolstered the case for fighting “terror,” which has led to the militarization of the police, that institution which has turned its new toys on black people, the only group they are entrusted to harass, brutalize and murder? That war? :francis:

Repped.

I seriously can't believe some of the bullshyt that I read on the daily here...especially when I consider that somebody actually took the time to type that out and thought it was a worthwhile contribution to this current discussion..
:snoop:

Daps
Repped.

I seriously can't believe some of the bullshyt that I read on the daily here...especially when I consider that somebody actually took the time to type that out and thought it was a worthwhile contribution to this current discussion..
:snoop:

A lot of our people embrace ignorance and remain content under the wing of white Zaddy. Anything that disturbs that sick relationship is dismissed as silly, lame and impractical. They're children in the bodies of adults, in constant need of assurance from white Zaddy that they'll get to lick the plate once he's finished eating. Black people in America have been infantilized. :francis:

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of our people embrace ignorance and remain content under the wing of white Zaddy. Anything that disturbs that sick relationship is dismissed as silly, lame and impractical. They're children in the bodies of adults, in constant need of assurance from white Zaddy that they'll get to lick the plate once he's finished eating. Black people in America have been infantilized. :francis:

Let me just get this straight, the nikkas getting to the money themselves and building their selves up are "under the wing of white zaddy" but not the nikkas on they hands and knees begging for a check?

Also are you gay or something? I've never heard a strait black man say zaddy.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I have never in life heard any black person say they didn't vote for somebody because of a war or even discuss war when it came to voting for somebody. Yall came shame white folks into caring about that shyt but nikkas don't give a fukk.
:Ray_J_1: why do yall make such fukking stupid, EXTREMELY NEGGABLE posts???

There was a LARGE black anti-war movement back when the US invaded Vietnam

"No Vietcong ever called me ******" was LITERALLY one of the main slogans from that anti-war movement

Some of yall need to fall back from posting for a while and read fukking book because yall are being disrespectful as fukk AND embarrassing yourselves

Some of yall on here really are stupid as fukk. Idk why I'm so surprised though