Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
This show is so genius lol

There's never been a show in recent history far as I can tell (Idk I was only born in 97 so y'all might have to correct me) to cover the black male experience like Atlanta

If you black you know the family dynamics are just like this, your moms and aunties/family members stay fighting, bringing up old shyt, who did this and that etc.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They nailed this one. The family drama, the one sibling thinking everybody is against them, the 3 way calling, moms making a fuss about some complimentary bread at dinner (this is 100% my moms), pops playing it cool through all the bullshyt and then finally going off etc.

Yeah, I could relate to all of this.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They nailed this one. The family drama, the one sibling thinking everybody is against them, the 3 way calling, moms making a fuss about some complimentary bread at dinner (this is 100% my moms), pops playing it cool through all the bullshyt and then finally going off etc.

Yeah, I could relate to all of this.
Both of my mom's parents are from Mississippi. On my mom's side, all of my grandmother's siblings except one moved up to Chicago. Mid 90's my great grandma falls at home, family realizes she can't be down there by herself so they bring her to Chicago to live. My grandma is the only one retired at the time so she would have her from Sunday evening to Friday evening every week and the other siblings would rotate the 2 days. Tough as hell caring for someone that still wanted to be independent, got even worse when she started suffering from Alzheimer's.

The drama my grandma and her siblings would go through, the arguments and shyt:picard: Someone would be late picking m

I wasn't there for it, but two of my grandma's sisters got into a fist fight in the kitchen once. These are grown ass women in their 60s, throwing hands:gucci:

My granddad would mostly have the :unimpressed:through all the shyt. Think one time he went off on the siblings about how my grandmother was dealing with all this shyt all week and they had issues with caring for her for two days.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Or Her big bruh Overton :jbhmm:

episode-image-400x225.jpg
That’s her?!? :ohhh:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Donald Glover grew up in Stone Mountain, Ga. Which is 74% Black populace. He went to an alternative school for High School but he was surrounded by black people in his community every single day.

Also the writer’s room is all black and made up mostly of people who lived and/or grew up in Atlanta
And Stephani Robinson wrote this episode.

Daps