Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think the show Dave changed the projectory of Atlanta. Show was too similar and they had to go another route with the storylines and plots.

Dave premiered in 2020. The scripts for seasons 3 & 4 of Atlanta were written in 2019. Dave had no effect on Atlanta whatsoever except to serve as an inferior copy cat

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I think you missed the assignment with this one lol.
oops-whoopsies.gif

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Nothing really. Just kids being dikks and ruining a feel good moment for Earn’s dad. Yall should check out the Ringer podcast with Van Lathan that recaps the show. It’s pretty good
I'm listening back to some of the early ones from this season and it's funny to me. A lot of the "haters" of last season were killed for saying they weren't liking it as much because it went away from what made us love the show in the first place. Van and that corny ass cohost basically came to that realization during the episode 4 discussion saying how the show just hits different and goes to greater heights when it's more grounded, which is exactly what a lot of us have been saying.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm listening back to some of the early ones from this season and it's funny to me. A lot of the "haters" of last season were killed for saying they weren't liking it as much because it went away from what made us love the show in the first place. Van and that corny ass cohost basically came to that realization during the episode 4 discussion saying how the show just hits different and goes to greater heights when it's more grounded, which is exactly what a lot of us have been saying.
I still think the episode of Van in Paris was the funniest episode of the entire show and that was probably the least grounded one

Superstar
Daps

I enjoyed all seasons. Though it’s not my favorite, I enjoyed the euro tour season because it fit the story of them being more successful. I especially liked the surrealism getting even more out of hand. I enjoyed this past season, as well. I like that the show often detaches from reality and they shake it off like it’s nothing, all while dealing with the reality of themselves.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The best moments of season three didn’t involve the main cast, imo

TrinI 2 d bone
The Kevin Samuels episode
The season opener

Outside of Van’s Paris adventure, the crew together didn’t hit as hard (Altho the killing of Tupac and Hail Mary coming on is the funniest moment the show has had).

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I think the show Dave changed the projectory of Atlanta. Show was too similar and they had to go another route with the storylines and plots.

dave was never nearly as weird as atlanta. dave is straight up funny IMO.

that said, season 4 of atlanta has mostly been a hit. the newest episode where they went camping was kinda weak, but the crank dat killa episode was :fire:. one of my favorite episodes of the series. the tyler perry episode was :fire: also.

compared to season 3, season 4 is light years better. season 3 was essentially all filler.