Atlanta Hawks 2024-2025 season thread

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
No but id rather not give up Murray for some trash. Murray is still good. Teams just think the Hawks are dealing from desperation just because it's not working with Trae so far.

I feel you but they were very clearly trying to trade him, realized that DJM is a sunk cost for the value we lost for him (we don’t own a 1st round pick until 2029) and teams aren’t trading multiple 1st rounders for him. I get not trading him for trash but we’re not gonna get the value you or the Hawks think you’re gonna get for him. At some point we gotta talk about that too

deeman

All Star
Daps
If we make a run without Trae all it does is lower his trade value. We are fukked either way it seems.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I know the guys are having more fun hooping.They don't have Trae clapping for the ball after every rebound.

Ima give it a few more games before I go down that rabbit hole but it’s a noticeable change after 2 games :sas2:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
fukk Demarcus Cousins

Now that we have a star player, I see what folks mean when they say the media always tries to put star players on LA, Boston or NY when they play for a team in a small/middle market

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
fukk Demarcus Cousins

Now that we have a star player, I see what folks mean when they say the media always tries to put star players on LA, Boston or NY when they play for a team in a small/middle market
Pelicans going through that with Zion, I can see that happening with Wemby and Ja too

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Can't wait to see this dude getting minutes with the Hawks.

Between Big O, JJ, Bufkin, and now Gaye...the Hawks actually seem to have a decent scouting department with finding talent (we have two first-round picks coming up in this year's draft).

Biggest thing this team need currently is to unload Clint/Bogi/AJ and find a big-man with actual size (Valančiūnas is getting older but he's probably the type of player that would easily fit what the Hawks are trying to do). I would also probably flirt with starting Big O at PF.

The season hasn't went great but you can see the impact Quin and his staff has had with developing Dre, Bey, and Jalen. All of their games are becoming more optimized considering their playstyles. I'd keep Dre as a 6th-man super-sub off the bench as he can get the touches he need in that role vs standing around watching Trae/Murray in the starting unit).

Still not sure what happens with Murray or his fit with Trae...

Last edited: