Atlanta Hawks 2024-2025 season thread

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Can't wait to see this dude getting minutes with the Hawks.

Between Big O, JJ, Bufkin, and now Gaye...the Hawks actually seem to have a decent scouting department with finding talent (we have two first-round picks coming up in this year's draft).

Biggest thing this team need currently is to unload Clint/Bogi/AJ and find a big-man with actual size (Valančiūnas is getting older but he's probably the type of player that would easily fit what the Hawks are trying to do). I would also probably flirt with starting Big O at PF.

The season hasn't went great but you can see the impact Quin and his staff has had with developing Dre, Bey, and Jalen. All of their games are becoming more optimized considering their playstyles. I'd keep Dre as a 6th-man super-sub off the bench as he can get the touches he need in that role.

I actually like OO and JJ starting together and if Dre figures it out and stays healthy that could be a dynamic frontcourt. Dre is paid way too much to come off the bench.

But overall I'm cool with blowing this thing up, moving on from Trae and building under Snyder's vision

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I actually like OO and JJ starting together and if Dre figures it out and stays healthy that could be a dynamic frontcourt. Dre is paid way too much to come off the bench.

But overall I'm cool with blowing this thing up, moving on from Trae and building under Snyder's vision

Moving on from Trae prematurely would be a monster mistake. He isn't the issue.

The biggest issue with the Hawks is they're small and Clint has literally fallen off a cliff at the age of 29. Keep Dre on the bench as that's where he's most optimized (he'll still close games anyway). Bringing Gaye up from the G-League (6'11) and adding a legit 6'11+ starting caliber Center would do wonders (i.e. the Hawks need to go big like the Cavs).

Last edited:

deeman

All Star
Daps
These young dudes always get hurt when they finally get a chance to prove themselves. The best ability is availability.

O still hasn't snatched up that starting spot after all these years. Gets hurt while Clint was out.

Kobe finally guaranteed some PT, folds.

Even Jalen with a chance to show what he can do without Trae and being the focal point.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
@FreshFromATL
you might be on to something, looks like Quin is really embracing Dre as 6th man. Vit Krejci started tonight :heh:

Dre is definitely better coming off the bench. He’s even said himself he’s comfortable in that role. I would keep him there (he’s still on the floor to finish games).

It seems Quin wants his starting SF to have playmaking point-forward type ability (hence Vit starting).

I’m starting to see more and more Quin’s DNA coming through on this team. The question is can they play the same way when Trae returns?

One think I’m also liking, the front court is starting to play SUPER physical (shouts to Bruno, Saddiq, and even Dre). Clint seems to be coming around too.

This offseason they’re going to have to think long and hard on Trae and Dejounte, whether or not they can play together or one should be moved. Either one will get you a big return.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
These young dudes always get hurt when they finally get a chance to prove themselves. The best ability is availability.

O still hasn't snatched up that starting spot after all these years. Gets hurt while Clint was out.

Kobe finally guaranteed some PT, folds.

Even Jalen with a chance to show what he can do without Trae and being the focal point.

This is facts. Hopefully Big O, Jalen, and Kobe return in time. I want to get a good look at this team without Trae. If nothing else, see who can consistently up there game while he’s out.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
WHO DA fukk IS DIS SISTA!!!!!!?????

IMG-7784.jpg

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)

JEFF HAMILTON X ATL HAWKS LEATHER JACKET $1,500​

JH-FInal-Laydown-1_lowres_2048x.jpg

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Hawks played the best defensive game I've seen them play all year last night. They was straight-up on a string the entire night. Interesting to see if it carry over versus the Lakers.

Sidenote: We need Kobe back asap as teams with quick, shifty guards are our achilles heel and he's already shown he can make an impact in that area..