Atari Reveals Next Gen System "Ataribox''

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Wait a min this is a legit next gen console and not some NES classic shyt? :dahell:

They said it will play new games...but honestly judging by the size of the box I doubt it has enough power to differentiate itself in the console market

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This week, Atari sent out an email to unveil their official next-gen console, the Ataribox. The system was first teased at e3 last month, but the New York-based company opted to not reveal the product. Now, readying their first official console in over 20 years, the new Ataribox is set to have classic games (see: NES Classic), as well as deliver modern games with current-gen comparable specs.

Luckily, the company is taking their time with the release, as the system will come in models: black and red, and wood grain models. The new box includes four USB ports, for controllers and accessories; as well as an HMDI port – we’re assuming for 1080p (hopefully 4K).

Look for a list of games and video reveals to emerge, likely this holiday season. Although no price point was indicated, we’re hopeful the system is under $250. Take a look at the official images below.

atari3-750x422.jpeg

atari2-750x422.jpeg

atari1-750x422.jpeg

atari4-750x422.jpeg

Atari Unveils First Images of Next-Gen ‘Ataribox’ Console
The end of this story is ducktales. The systems specs are not even decided yet so the 250price tag is just numbers from a bunghole. It won't release this year either.

As for looks, if you're old enough to remember what am Atari 2600 looked like, this is a throwback to that, and its cool. I'd get the woodgrain because that's what my brother had when I was 2yrs old, and I remember playing it :manny: