At Home Gym Setup During Quarantine

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
the person who is stronger it comes down to what you are using to measure strength.

No I’m just asking you just off of nothing else if someone gave you those stats who would you think is the stronger guy?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No I’m just asking you just off of nothing else if someone gave you those stats who would you think is the stronger guy?

guy B. He’s moving heavier weight which to me is a symbol of strength. Just off of numbers.

kind of how the olympics for example show a 140lb dude lifting 600LBs of course that guy could possibly do a ton of pull-ups and pushups or something else but the impressive event was him lifting a ton of weight in comparison to his size.

Last edited:

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
guy B. He’s moving heavier weight which to me is a symbol of strength. Just off of numbers.

And I would’ve agreed with you 3-4 years ago before I really looked up calisthenics and weight training and broke both down and really studied them.

My whole point is tho guys don’t give calisthenics long enough chance and don’t do enough reps to really see the benefits that others see who solely do calisthenics,and with this down time of no gym which is gonna be a while guys have the perfect time now to see what it’s about and still refuse.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And I would’ve agreed with you 3-4 years ago before I really looked up calisthenics and weight training and broke both down and really studied them.

My whole point is tho guys don’t give calisthenics long enough chance and don’t do enough reps to really see the benefits that others see who solely do calisthenics,and with this down time of no gym which is gonna be a while guys have the perfect time now to see what it’s about and still refuse.

i agree to a great extent. Pullups, dips, pushups are essential movements me to me even though I like to them weighted....Now is the perfect time.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
That’s how a lot of guys in here just want that fake strength not that real shyt! Weights ain’t where it’s at,calisthenics is!
I do both bodybuilding and calisthenics.. can’t build great defined shoulders and arms just off calisthenics

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brehs this is a great time to get involved in calisthenics if you haven’t already. Calisthenics is something you can do daily to an extent also please bro’s get your cardio up...I’m not saying push it to the max but maintain what you have or just do longer walks or longer jogs...

it’s also some really good dumbbell plans out there also...

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
How many sets and reps of calisthenics you doing?
Depends on what you define as calisthenics.

And you mean sets and reps?

Do a lot of ab work on the floor, bench bars. Also do a lot of pull ups, working on different variations, pushups too.

Weighted pull ups but not sure if that counts as calisthenics to get my pull-up game stronger.

When I get my shoulders healthy again gonna start doing stuff like handstand push-ups, etc.

I get bored doing the same thing over and over so I always find new things to learn and master.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Depends on what you define as calisthenics.

And you mean sets and reps?

Do a lot of ab work on the floor, bench bars. Also do a lot of pull ups, working on different variations, pushups too.

Weighted pull ups but not sure if that counts as calisthenics to get my pull-up game stronger.

When I get my shoulders healthy again gonna start doing stuff like handstand push-ups, etc.

I get bored doing the same thing over and over so I always find new things to learn and master.

Like calisthenics pull-ups push-ups dips and body squats.

How many reps/sets you doing?
I do ab work as well and jog and jumprope

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I'm going DIY.

Just got a curl bar, and I'm bout to pick up 2 5 gallon water jugs with handles. Imma do the exercises outside with a hose so I can easily adjust the weight. I'm getting two empty milk gallons for lateral raises.

This is my mix

Push ups

Bicep push ups

Pull ups

Jug curls

Jug vertical press

Gallon lateral raises

Jug Curls will actually get me to my max :wow:

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
Everything’s completely sold out or people jacked up the price. Looks like it’s just calisthenics for me.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

For 200 off Facebook classifieds, was posted 12 minutes before I pounced on that ass :dame:

for reference: plus 140 shipping :bryan: