At a GameStop store for the launch of PS2 Circa 2000

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
Wish I had been born about 10 years earlier so I could have been apart of the GOAT gaming gen :wow:

I didn’t get the PS3 at launch because moms ain’t have it like that. I got that PS4 and 5 on launch tho :mjgrin:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's called manufactured hype:stopitslime:
The ps5 is outpacing it, and the only culture phenomenon about this is that it can't compete with Gamepass.

Cloud wins, flawless victory :hhh:

The PS2 sold 155m units, nothing is outpacing it

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Ps2was hype as fukk booooy.

I saw devil may cry, ffx, etc and immediately looked at my dream cast in discust.

I threw that shyt in the bushes and saved for a used ps2 :blessed:

id love to be that hype about a console again. Too grown now. Games too abundant.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The PS2 sold 155m units, nothing is outpacing it
I'm here and have frequented this establishment for twenty years. My love for gaming encompasses news, I have fond memories of reading Gamepro, EGM/etc and within those mags you'd read info on stuff like sales even.

So with today we use the internet to get that gaming fix and it's disheartening to a real one such as myself to see you say things that are common sense facts. You've been in the threads that talked about how they selling faster than any system before them. Same happened with the ps4. Even the Xbox one was proving the 360 at first.

Why? Because the industry is expanding, way more gamers today than back then so way more systems get sold on average. The ps2 numbers are highly manipulated in various ways. For starters the reason I'm an Xbot is because Sony woods not fix my system, your system, nobodies system til 5yrs after launch and only after getting sued and forced to do so. I moved on to Xbox because I had insider information on that very topic. Only been preaching it for decades so there's that. Sony counted all those faulty systems as sales because they were. You had to but a second system, possibly a third. I don't know a single person who only had one PS2 thanks to disc read error. They also sold ps2s for the majority of the ps3s lifecycle and even used those sales as PS3s sold just so they could manipulate investors (and fanboys)

That, all of that is why the ps2 sold as much as it did lifetime and yes they counted sales twice. The last 20 mil sold was also counted as ps3s sold but let's ignore this and you know what... call me the liar. I never posted receipts for this at the time or for years afterwards. I like Xbox so I make up shyt I did, yup, no facts from me :usure:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know what store you are talking about the name I can’t remember tho:why:
yeah it wasn't funcoland @PS5 i know and remember funcoland

this store had a video that was on youtube that got deleted, i feel like it had to be from like 2003-2006 shyt looked lit though. :wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
0*x_ZdBlMFCz83HCnW.gif