Asus Rog Ally |OT| Another competitor enters the arena

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
If I could find someone to buy my steam deck I'd contemplate it but even I who loves purchasing unnecessary stupid shyt can't justify having two pc handhelds.

Yeah that's where I'm at. Like the Deck can do more than enough for me. Despite some games running 30FPS, its been a godsend in this time of inflation, greedy companies, and lazy devs.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I copped one of these as well.

6541602_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

It's the official travel case.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
So it's like Steam deck with Heroic launcher?
Armory Crate is more like Steam Big Picture mode, but it has heroic launcher-like features built in. When I installed Heroic on Steam Deck 6 months ago, 3rd party launchers didn't interact with the SteamOS's Performance Overlay. Armory Crate gives you the same performance overlay features and controls across all launchers. At the end of the day, you can install Heroic on the Ally if you like it, as its also available for Windows.

Here is a video on Armory Crate for Ally:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Armory Crate is more like Steam Big Picture mode, but it has heroic launcher-like features built in. When I installed Heroic on Steam Deck 6 months ago, 3rd party launchers didn't interact with the SteamOS's Performance Overlay. Armory Crate gives you the same performance overlay features and controls across all launchers. At the end of the day, you can install Heroic on the Ally if you like it, as its also available for Windows.

Here is a video on Armory Crate for Ally:

Ah. I like my Steam Deck though. I also don't mind not having my GoG and Epic on the go. I'm mainly steaming it.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Ah. I like my Steam Deck though. I also don't mind not having my GoG and Epic on the go. I'm mainly steaming it.
The Steam Deck is an awesome device, and has been my primary gaming device over the past year. I've completed 12 game over the past year. I hadn't completed that many games in the 3 prior years combined. Steam Deck's low power efficiency makes it the best device for Emulation in my book. I'm just tired of looking for workarounds to do stuff that natively works in Windows. I also own games that may never work in linux like Splinter Cell: Conviction. So is time for a change.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It is a niche product. As someone that has a gaming PC that punches above what the PS5/XSX can do, I would not mind taking those games on the road with me as there are many games that never come on consoles. Not to mention. I'm big into emulation and as a windows device, it'll be great.

I won't use it for being played on a monitor or screen but it can do that. It doesn't do all of the bells and whistles of what PC gaming can do, it's only $700 but for what it can do, it's pretty great.
U can actually buy and EGPU like this

And literally have a portable upper tier gaming PC.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The Steam Deck is an awesome device, and has been my primary gaming device over the past year. I've completed 12 game over the past year. I hadn't completed that many games in the 3 prior years combined. Steam Deck's low power efficiency makes it the best device for Emulation in my book. I'm just tired of looking for workarounds to do stuff that natively works in Windows. I also own games that may never work in linux like Splinter Cell: Conviction. So is time for a change.
I feel you.