Astrobot (September 6th, 2024) (PS5) (94 Metacritic)

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Knew the scores would deliver, Sony with another GOTY contender

200w.gif

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
You know what I like about the fact that Astro Bot got such high acclaim? Nobody can claim it was some sort of "Sony bias" that gave it those scores because then you could just point to Concord which was also a Sony game.

That don’t work for Nintendo so why should it for PlayStation?

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: In certain stan galaxies this is how they convince themselves a certain game gets good scores.

I can’t remember if you were ever on that wave or not.:patrice:

In all seriousness, I’m glad Astrobot has glowing reviews. Nintendo is seen as an exception, but PlayStation with a brand new IP platformer can definitely get the rest of the AAA industry’s attention to take some chances outside of the usual genres.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can’t remember if you were ever on that wave or not.:patrice:

In all seriousness, I’m glad Astrobot has glowing reviews. Nintendo is seen as an exception, but PlayStation with a brand new IP platformer can definitely get the rest of the AAA industry’s attention to take some chances outside of the usual genres.
Nah, I used to argue against people saying Nintendo games get graded on a curve. I don't think there's really games that are truly booty and get rated super high.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Astro Bot is still the new guy on the block and rose to the ranks in record time. You can't tell me that Nintendo and Sega ain't happy to see someone pull that off :whoo:
My copy is coming in tomorrow, too:banderas:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, I used to argue against people saying Nintendo games get graded on a curve. I don't think there's really games that are truly booty and get rated super high.

Super Mario Wonder scored way higher than it should have.