Assassins Creed Valhalla wins RPG of the year

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Have you played any of those games outside of Cyberpunk 2077 to make a call on this?
Asgard is legit one of the worst open world spaces I've played in years. Made me just put the game up until they touch up everything else. The leveling system is so developed towards being microtransaction-friendly that its honestly hilarious. The gear setup actively discourages you from trying anything new. The combat is a little better than Odyssey, but there's no way to make England exciting really - even if there are more environments. I liked the combat, but man.... too many things feel like a chore. I tired of looking on my map for much needed resources, then having to search boring as hell areas for hidden doors and mechanisms that allowed me to get underground to get them. Its cute sometimes but after the 50th time you want more than a fukking helmet you'll never use for your troubles.

I mean, its better than Watch Dogs, but that ain't saying much.

Every game on that list is better. Its also hilarious this is a PC Gamer award when AC games are notorious for never being optimized and running like shyt on PC.

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Asgard is legit one of the worst open world spaces I've played in years. Made me just put the game up until they touch up everything else. The leveling system is so developed towards being microtransaction-friendly that its honestly hilarious. The gear setup actively discourages you from trying anything new. The combat is a little better than Odyssey, but there's no way to make England exciting really - even if there are more environments. I liked the combat, but man.... too many things feel like a chore. I tired of looking on my map for much needed resources, then having to search boring as hell areas for hidden doors and mechanisms that allowed me to get underground to get them. Its cute sometimes but after the 50th time you want more than a fukking helmet you'll never use for your troubles.

I mean, its better than Watch Dogs, but that ain't saying much.

Every game on that list is better. Its also hilarious this is a PC Gamer award when AC games are notorious for never being optimized and running like shyt on PC.
I played that first mission in Asgard...I ain't ever going back :pachaha:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No it couldn't be. You haven't even played the game :why:

I read just as much articles about the horrible optimization of Valhalla as i read about cyberpunk. Saying cyberpunk is broken in defense of Assassins Creed is funny.

There are still articles coming out about all the game breaking bugs in the game.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I played that first mission in Asgard...I ain't ever going back :pachaha:
I think trying to get through it just made me burn out on the game as a whole. fukking awful, dull, lifeless place.

I don't hate AC:V. And its not terrible - but there's just way better shyt out. Like if I had too choose between Valhalla and Days Gone, I'd take Valhalla every time.

But I'd also play Avengers over both too :mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think trying to get through it just made me burn out on the game as a whole. fukking awful, dull, lifeless place.

I don't hate AC:V. And its not terrible - but there's just way better shyt out. Like if I had too choose between Valhalla and Days Gone, I'd take Valhalla every time.

But I'd also play Avengers over both too :mjlol:

this seems like a game I’d treat like 2k...throw it on when I’m bored and play like 30-60 minutes then chill til I pick it up another day...not a game where I’d sink multiple hours into it during one session

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Legit had me like

Seinfeld-had-enough-walks-out-cinema-theater-13573145087.gif

:pachaha:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Keep in mind, that buffoonery is coming from the same stan(s) that were trying to brush off complaints about Cyberpunk as coming from angry gamers that were buying into youtubers and media bashing the game instead of playing it for themselves...

CDPR stans gunning extra hard for that WOAT video game stans status...:heh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
While i think it should easily go to cyberpunk (since yall are trying to make this a cyberpunk vs Valhalla thread) I’d give it to wasteland 3 also. An actual rpg

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Keep in mind, that buffoonery is coming from the same stan(s) that were trying to brush off complaints about Cyberpunk as coming from angry gamers that were buying into youtubers and media bashing the game instead of playing it for themselves...

CDPR stans gunning extra hard for that WOAT video game stans status...:heh:

oh I remember :russ:

if anyone had DARED come into that thread criticizing cyberpunk off the strength of reading multiple articles...dude would’ve lost it...shyt he was already bashing ppl who actually played the game and had issues with it

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

if anyone had DARED come into that thread criticizing cyberpunk off the strength of reading multiple articles...dude would’ve lost it...shyt he was already bashing ppl who actually played the game and had issues with it
I posted a pic showing my hours in game cuz they accused me of that shyt...

They juelzed that into "stop posting your bros progress bruh ha ha"...

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Man, that boy got his cape tied on TIGHT. I hope that special someone in breh's life gets this level of dedication. :wow: