Assassins Creed Valhalla wins RPG of the year

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
LOL

RtuRoiqP3bLRZVzQU6FaEe-320-80.jpg

Pcgamer award it rpg of the year, it beats out..

• Wasteland 3
  • Yakuza 7 Like a Dragon
  • Dragon Quest 11 age of echos S
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Genshin Impact
Can we admit there is payola involved here or naw?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’ve watched my gf play it and it actually does look dope for what it is but RPG of the year?:patrice:

would’ve easily been Cyberpunk if not for all the controversy but then again I’ve only played Yakuza on this list (also a a great RPG)

my main problem is AC being called an RPG. The fact that it can win RPG of the year is sad

It actually is more of a a true RPG now there’s skill trees, dialog/story choices, character and base customization, etc:ehh:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Valhalla was mad decent. The story is nonsense though, which IMO should dock any RPG.

Genshin was surprisingly good (for a BOTW knock off), but the Gatcha mechanics...:scust:

On the other hand, I've heard nothing but good things from Yakuza 7

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can make a case it's literally the worst game on that list and it won. Crazy. It's 100 hours though lol
I've played all those game and the only one I actually quit was AC, all the rest are leagues better. Makes me think the author doesn't actually like RPGs, but AC isn't really a RPG although I guess that can be argued now.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People are letting the cyberpunk 2077 console backlash hate get to them.

That game is amazing on pc and its actually an RPG
I have the game on PC. It's buggy on there too. It's maybe a 8/10. Valhalla is probably a good 7. I've sunk about 40+ hours in both of them. Neither of these games are anything special so I couldn't really get mad at someone putting Valhalla over it, even though it's doesn't move the needle. I'm also not sure how Cyberpunk is any more of an RPG than Valhalla is considering Valhalla has most of the same, if not more, options than Cyberpunk has – in terms of dialogue choices, character customization, and skill trees.

I mean it doesn't have dikk choices so if you care about that kind of thing, you got me there :hubie:

I'd pick Cyberpunk over it but I can't pretend like we're talking about a TLOUII vs Watch Dogs Legion disparity here.

I'm curious how people feel about those other games on the list because I haven't played them.