Assassin's Creed Valhalla - TRAILER | Holiday 2020

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
coming from this nikka I’ll take it with a grain of salt

Skeptical as fukk about that :francis:. Because with the size of the world, it has to be filled with tedious and repetitive shyt, it's the Ubisoft formula.

:ufdup:i aint falling for this shyt

IGN and Kotatu both said the same thing...I am skeptical but I think they're really gone :ehh:

"Valhalla strips some things down and rearranges others. Side quests are very different. Gone, for the most part, are the lengthy sidequests of Origins and Odyssey that could take players on a multi-step journey through a large section of the game’s world. Instead, the map in Valhalla is filled with smaller, quicker, and more varied activities and quests to do and see. Sure, there are still random people to help out there, but their problems are often smaller and don’t involve trekking around the map. For example, on a mountainside in Norway, I found a Viking who was sleepwalking and needed me to help him back to his camp. In England, I stumbled upon some nuns who were trying to escape the country and who needed protection. One of my favorite encounters involved a Viking couple who felt their relationship was dull and boring. So they asked me to break things and start a fire in their home so they could feel the passion again, like when they were younger and fought in battles side by side. (Spoilers: It worked.)

These encounters don’t clog up your quest journal. You find them by exploring down glowing dots on your map. What you find usually only takes a few minutes and sticks to one small area of the world, like a house, a tree, a camp or a river. Because of this, I felt compelled to finish them whenever I happened to find one in the world.

In other open-world games, I would find myself avoiding some side content because it was just more hours of busywork. But in Valhalla these tiny encounters kept me playing long past my bedtime, and not because I wanted some new weapon or gear, but just because I wanted to see what new mini-story I was about to encounter"

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla: The Kotaku Review

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Skeptical as fukk about that :francis:. Because with the size of the world, it has to be filled with tedious and repetitive shyt, it's the Ubisoft formula.

I'm leaning on this side too. Just because it's not in a quest log doesn't make it any less random hour fillers. Most of the side quests from Odyssey had stories they told too. But eventually they all overstay their welcome. Leaving them unmarked to promote a sense of exploration and discovery doesn't necessarily sound like that solves the problem for me.

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Do you have to play Odyssey and Origins before this? I haven’t played an AC game since Revelations I think.

but I got this, 2k21 and cyberpunk as part of target’s b2g1

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
coming from this nikka I’ll take it with a grain of salt

i said the same exact thing. I feel like this is another Origins situation for me where everyone says it's so innovative and fresh and here i am running through an empty desert again collecting useless shyt.

also this guy is such a phony lol. He goes on and on about taking down these evil gaming studios and still on day one is ranting and raving about the game and telling you to go buy it anyway.

he' did the same thing with TLOU2 and will do the same thing again with cyberpunk, he's a dweeb