Asians (NYC) in line to support their OWN. Ice cream named "Strawberry Shawty"

Daps
Reppin
X
We had the chance to buy up 125th Street back when everyone was too scared to come up that way andnobody stepped up to the plate. Nicky Barnes, Frank Lucas, Diddy, Dame and 100 other Harlem dudes who were rich at the time could locked Harlem down. Instead they let 60 year old Jewish men buy up everything.
How is a bunch of dealers/rap dudes who were making money in the "late 70, 80s and early 90s "we"? I'm not saying those guys weren't shortsighted idiots, but we didn't have a chance to buy shyt. My family barely made it in Harlem, my mom was a kid and I was a baby. A whole generation of us missed that boat.

I will say that I know the family who started 'Make My Cake' up there. Black people support them. My family does, too. I don't for the typical reasons. Black people supported Cake Man Raven in Brooklyn, too. And so did I, but every time I went I had to deal with the fact that the never had the coconut cake I wanted (They sold two kinds of cake: Red Velvet and Coconut) and a worker behind the counter looking at me like I'd inconvenienced them by being a customer. So I stopped going. I went to Melba's once in Harlem and they pulled the same shyt. A lot of black restaurants in certain areas want white support.
They don't even pretend to care about black spending power. So I stop supporting those specific business. I don't support white restaurants full stop.

If I'm going out to eat, which I hardly ever do, I'm going to this African spot in Brooklyn (great service/food/portions): JOLOFF RESTAURANT - Home

Anyway, Chinatown Ice Cream factory has some good red bean ice cream and it's probably cheaper than this place. If you're in the area, try them.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I like this kind of criticism. It is constructive. My takeaway from this is that blacks should make better products (i.e. try new ice cream techniques like "rolled ice cream") that everybody, blacks included, want to eat. Straight black businesses only work in black countries or places where there are a plethora of blacks. Moreover blacks should make better use of AA culture (i.e. use hip hop to sell chicken or ice cream) to market those products. Black

Agreed. nikkaz let them use "twerking" and "bye felicia" and all these hip cool sayings from Black movies, TV shows, records, etc. . . to attract non-Black customers.

I think a problem we have though is that we don't really need hip sayings to support a business, so "Strawbery Shawty" probably isn't going to attract Black customers, but it might non-Black customers, who enjoy the "cool" lingo if Hip-Hop.

so who is eligible for group economics? are mullatos eligble? What percentage black do you have to be? Who decides? Are african immigrants and carribeans eligible? Is it regional?

A proponent of group economics, please answer my question

I know right? According to these nikkaz Obama, Bob Marley and Frederick Douglass aren't Black

BundaMan

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Land Of Pizza & Beer
Be surprised when a group wants to support their own community brehs
I was just in Chinatown the other week ago eating pork fried dumplings with a scallion pork pancake :noah: