Asian-American fraternity under fire for blackface in "Suit And Tie" parody video

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
there is no point to it in the video. he just walks out in blackface dancing like a baffoon.

if you are offended you can find comfort in the fact that its very clear that an asian male can throw on a pair of glasses and they all literally look the exact fukking same :dead:

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
:shaq2: At you guys giving them a pass. They should have known the history behind blackface and should have known better.

Yeah and if anyone thinks that nothing is wrong with this then they're lost. It's not the point of "making a big deal about it", it's the point of being wrong and tasteless. More Black people need to have some more respect for themselves, if they did then things like this wouldn't be happening in 2013. The difference in Blacks back in the days compared to now is embarrassing, back then they fought for respect and equality, now they're fight for nothing except to fit with OTHER races and creeds (still don't have our own identity) in by any means and saying this video is "not a big deal" sounds like something a white person would say to a Black person when being offended racially. Yeah it's not a "big deal" but to act lackadaisical about it isn't the answer either. Have a sense of pride.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
I do not have time to protest over this.

N!ggas have to much time on their hands

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I guess everyone is missing the part where it says black face is jay-z?

:ohhh: :ohhh: He's supposed to be Jay-Z for real?

DAAAAAAAAAMN! Didn't know that shyt.

:wow: So you are telling me, that in a parody video of Justin Timberlake's "Suit & Tie" song, which features African-American rapper "Jay-Z", the guy in blackface is imitating...:ohhh:.... Jay-Z?

:krs:

GOT DAMN! HOW CLEVER!!!!!!! :damn: :damn: :damn:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mods, please move this to the Race Track where it belongs, so not many people will be able to see it :myspotnash:

Nah, but for real.....this isn't even a big deal :why:

We had a movie with two black guys in 'whiteface' pretending to be white girls, and there was no outrage over that

nikkas is too sensitive :heh:

fukk outta here. i cant stand it when folks be on some "what about white chicks" shyt. what about it? there is no historical context tying whiteface to systematic racism.

as far as this video, its dumb. i dont like blackface in any form. it doesn't sit well with me. but i really dont have time to worry about this particular video. i try not to get worked up over youtube videos because ignorance and the internet go hand in hand. i dont give them guys a pass at all, and i would hope their school takes some sort of disciplinary action and i support anyone from the school who takes issue with the video, but on the grand scheme of things it isn't worth my time to stress over this particular video

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bEz9RTsie8

[at 0:54]

I personally don't see the big deal........ :yeshrug:

Mods, please move this to the Race Track where it belongs, so not many people will be able to see it :myspotnash:

Nah, but for real.....this isn't even a big deal :why:

We had a movie with two black guys in 'whiteface' pretending to be white girls, and there was no outrage over that

nikkas is too sensitive :heh:

Who cares.
done.gif

How is this even an issue :smh:

Black people need learn how to stop making a big deal over the smallest things.

IT'S OKAY TO BE INAPPROPRIATE AS LONG AS YOU'RE JUST JOKING AROUND AND TRYING TO BE FUNNY! THAT'S JUST A PART OF COMEDY!

I THOUGHT WE ALREADY AGREED ON THIS IN THE PAUL MOONEY "WHITE PEOPLE DESERVED TO DIE IN THE BOMBINGS" THREAD!

These new age negroz whine and complain about everything.

it's not like they all got dressed up and try to insult black culture they was embracing it.

But let the lauryn hills of the world tell u they disrespecting black people

everything is racism, what a joke :russ:

Wtf do you want us to do?:why:

Spam youtube comments with things like "fuk you chinks"?

People need to learn how to stop making a big deal over small things.

they just having fun out there

I do not have time to protest over this.

N!ggas have to much time on their hands

Useless fukking c00ns....:scusthov: Not a big deal? :pacspit: