As we progress through generation after generation, which genre has become worst

llt23

All Star
Daps
JRPGs.

Japanese developers that think a half ass action combat system is better to have than a traditional turn based or turn based variant ruined the genre for me. I hate the action rpg, I want the turn based back in full effect. Its why im really excited for DQXI.

Its also no surprise that P5 is the most loved JRPG of this gen, while the rest are mostly trash.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Superhero games. They don't make as much as they should, hopefully Spider Man PS4 gets it going again.

THIS x 100,000

I've had the itch to play a good wrestling game for 10 years to no avail. TBH its longer than that because while SVR 2007 was dope it aint fukking with Here Comes The Pain, Shut Your Mouth, or No Mercy. shyts was just pure uncut fun. I hate all this simulation shyt.

I wanna chokeslam bytches off the Smackdown fist then do an elbow drop before pinning them. Also a traditional, linear season mode. Smackdown 2, if not for the long ass load times and skip match simulation screens would be the GOAT of all Season/Career modes, shyt went on for like 19 years and I still hadnt discovered all the cutscenes and scenarios lol.

I forgot about Smackdown 2! That jawn was my shyt:wow: forgot about the long ass career mode, shyt was goat

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Starting since the 90s with Nintendo Sega Sony and now we have Microsoft etc... What genre of gaming has become worst or non existent?

I would say sports games before the PS3 and Xbox 360 era we would have 3 to 4 basketball games to choose from 3 to 4 Football games 2 hockey games more than 3 baseball games.
The Platformer. They've been pushed to small indie devs and are made with a fraction of the budget.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
RPG and I mean the traditional "point and click" RPG. Wild Arms was one of my favorite games back in the day, now when you see an RPG it's got an extra letter or two before RPG. fukk that give us back Final Fantasy 7, Wild Arms, or even the fukking Zenogears that made muthafukas fall asleep while playing because there was too much dialog in it

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Starting since the 90s with Nintendo Sega Sony and now we have Microsoft etc... What genre of gaming has become worst or non existent?

I would say sports games before the PS3 and Xbox 360 era we would have 3 to 4 basketball games to choose from 3 to 4 Football games 2 hockey games more than 3 baseball games.

JRPG, easily. Persona and Octopath Traveler been holding it down.

Sports games have been fine mechanically for the past gen. Sure they been hustling people out of their money but from a gameplay perspective there isn't TOO much wrong with them. I'd say they've gotten much better actually.

Platformers (besides Nintendo products) and Beat'Em Ups are basically dead outside of the Indie scene.