As we progress through generation after generation, which genre has become worst

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Starting since the 90s with Nintendo Sega Sony and now we have Microsoft etc... What genre of gaming has become worst or non existent?

I would say sports games before the PS3 and Xbox 360 era we would have 3 to 4 basketball games to choose from 3 to 4 Football games 2 hockey games more than 3 baseball games.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
FPS, I barely fukk with em these days
yeah alot of people are mad that CyberPunk ish is first person

Outside of Halo (i'm a sci fi geek whose been following the story since the early 2000s, oldschool with it and dont even play multiplayer like that) i could probably go my entire life without playing another FPS and be content

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
imo honestly they all have fallen, but thats for a number of reasons.

The biggest ones imo are.

fps
sports
fighters

In general its hard to do competitive stuff in this day and age and make it fun. Everyone knows how to get online find whats best and just use it online an people don't want to adapt and get better they want it nerfed and changed.

It use to be if something was op and you used it, it was only op in your circle and people didn't really have thousands of other people to validate them feeling like something was too good. You use to just have fun, get mad and have fun again while playing.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
I'd have to say fighters with FPS coming in a close second. Nothing beats playing a fighting game against someone right next to you. I'm not a kid anymore so I don't have friends coming through just to play games all day lol.

100Percent

Deviatin' septums
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Fighting games, especially the fighting game community has gotten far better

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
As far as those people mentioning sports games - I do agree, but only because "extreme/arcade" sports games are no longer made. NBA Street should be coming out...as well as FIFA Street and over the top wrestling games. Hell I even enjoyed The Bigs baseball games.

Despite 2K making it a grind to "level up" your players they do make solid games. NBA Live is actually turning around as well. Madden needs competition, but the greedy ass NFL made a mistake giving EA that exclusivity deal.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Negative on both.

SF V is a great game outside of the rushed launch and the Forza games are the best racing games of all time.

People have opinions i guess.

SFV is not a good game.

Forza is probably the only good racing game

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is crazy that nobody has said it yet. EASILY JRPG.
Exactly what I was coming to post.
In this day and age the JRPG is a dying art form and what was once the premier Japanese Genre
with sprawling storylines, high production values and ever evolving mechanics has now stagnated or
looks to the west for inspiration or an outright new direction completely eschewing all the conventions
of the past.

With today's technology and ease of access to what was once considered "State of the art", I'm surprised it's fallen
out of favor seemingly even with the Japanese.