As PS4 Cross-Play Remains Limited, Nintendo Touts Switch/Xbox One Support In New Trailer

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Hypocrisy much
https://kotaku.com/5813740/i-saw-the-playstation-3-wired-to-play-against-an-xbox-360-but-you-wont
=======
"As cool as this sneak peek was, Trion can't let the finished Xbox 360 game connect to the PS3. "Microsoft won't let Sony players play against them," Rodberg said, before suggesting we change the topic to something less sensitive. "

"I checked with Microsoft to be sure Rodberg wasn't maybe just mis-hearing them. Maybe Microsoft wanted to break the barrier too? Here's a Microsoft spokesperson saying "no," while promoting how awesome the Xbox 360's online service is: "Xbox Live delivers the best entertainment experience unmatched by anyone else, with 35 million actively engaged members. We have a high level of expectation for our game developers to ensure that all Live experiences remain top notch. Because we can't guarantee this level of quality, or control the player experience on other consoles or gaming networks, we currently do not open our network to games that allow this cross-over capability."
=======

:camby:

Wanna be on the winning side. Cop that Quad.

@Hiphoplives4eva care to Juelz explain this one when MS didn't want to last gen?

#nonewfriends
#fukkdemnikkaz
#lastplacebumteams
#Sonywontplaywithus

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Hypocrisy much
https://kotaku.com/5813740/i-saw-the-playstation-3-wired-to-play-against-an-xbox-360-but-you-wont
=======
"As cool as this sneak peek was, Trion can't let the finished Xbox 360 game connect to the PS3. "Microsoft won't let Sony players play against them," Rodberg said, before suggesting we change the topic to something less sensitive. "

"I checked with Microsoft to be sure Rodberg wasn't maybe just mis-hearing them. Maybe Microsoft wanted to break the barrier too? Here's a Microsoft spokesperson saying "no," while promoting how awesome the Xbox 360's online service is: "Xbox Live delivers the best entertainment experience unmatched by anyone else, with 35 million actively engaged members. We have a high level of expectation for our game developers to ensure that all Live experiences remain top notch. Because we can't guarantee this level of quality, or control the player experience on other consoles or gaming networks, we currently do not open our network to games that allow this cross-over capability."
=======

:camby:

Wanna be on the winning side. Cop that Quad.

*article from 6/20/2011*

Hmm, idk. Maybe this had something to do with it. :skip:

PlayStation Network hackers access data of 77 million users
Sony Estimates $171 Million Loss From PSN Hack
Everything You Need to Know About the Sony PlayStation Network Fiasco | TIME.com

PSN was offline for 23 days, yes? :skip:

Edit:

Later in your article:

I checked with Sony's public relations team, but they didn't come up with an official statement yet about how their company feels about the possibility of cross-console gaming.

Sony Online Entertainment's DC Universe Online does segregate its PC and PlayStation 3 players.

Cross-platform multiplayer does exist. The Xbox 360 game Shadowrun let console gamers battle PC gamers.

The hypocrisy, huh :skip:

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Xbox Live delivers the best entertainment experience unmatched by anyone else, with 35 million actively engaged members. We have a high level of expectation for our game developers to ensure that all Live experiences remain top notch. Because we can't guarantee this level of quality, or control the player experience on other consoles or gaming networks, we currently do not open our network to games that allow this cross-over capability."
I believe this excuse as it pertains to the ps3 cause Sony had known network problems.

:manny:

Last gen, online gameplay was noticeably worse on psn.

JSS

Pro
Daps
This whattaboutism in here is ridiculous. "Bu bu bu microsoft..." Really?:hhh:

Sounding like Republicans defending Trump by bringing up Hillary/Obama (even though most of it is bullshyt).

Hold everybody's feet to the fire. Anybody can get it. :ufdup:

fukk Microsoft last gen.

fukk Sony this gen.

We want crossplay! :damn:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I think at this point are just hopping on the bandwagon moaning about crossplay.

I didn't give two shyts about it when m$ was holding out, and I don't care about it now. I already cross with some of brehs and if bumass M$ wasn't cocky last gen it would already be there. :manny: But it isn't and it's no loss......

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man last gen gaming Xbox live was miles ahead of PSN, partly due psn being free which people tried to through in live users face as well and them playing catch up. But xlive not only was more stable it was more secure. Not only that how many of you can name one free to play game that was heavily online based that needed to be crossplay at the time?

Online gaming on console back then was just reaching puberty.

Fast forward now and everyone is online, everyone is paying and everyone expects to be able to play with everyone especially because A) We know its possibly and wouldn't cost a thing B) It does nothing but improve the online scene.

I play a ton of competitive games online and they are all very segregated, most people are just going to play whatever game they want on the system they like or have.... The only group of players that upgrade there systems to play some what regularly are PC players.

2 of the biggest games out worldwide are can be cross played on everything but psn.
That's super whack and anyone defending talking about " but microsoft" is clearly trolling or really only plays single player games where cross play doesn't even really matter to them. Even if they didn't want to cross play with M$ why not nintendo?

I know for fighters the playstation has ALWAYS run them worst than xbox or PC, maybe they are afraid of that type of migration but even that doesn't really make sense Cross playing being open isn't going to lose them any sales.

The fact they they wont even all it to be enabled on 2 free 2 play games is mad disrespectful... typical sony :hhh:

The fact you can't change your psn name still also:scust:

that charging monthly for the most basic of service on psn :stopitslime:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think at this point are just hopping on the bandwagon moaning about crossplay.

I didn't give two shyts about it when m$ was holding out, and I don't care about it now. I already cross with some of brehs and if bumass M$ wasn't cocky last gen it would already be there. :manny: But it isn't and it's no loss......
/thread

Daps
Reppin
Green
Some of y'all are all taking this personally, it's really not that big a deal.
Sheep, eating up all the fake news. Microsoft should ask Nintendo to CROSS GAMES over since there's an anemic amount of games to play on this damned plastic box.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man last gen gaming Xbox live was miles ahead of PSN, partly due psn being free which people tried to through in live users face as well and them playing catch up. But xlive not only was more stable it was more secure. Not only that how many of you can name one free to play game that was heavily online based that needed to be crossplay at the time?

Online gaming on console back then was just reaching puberty.

Fast forward now and everyone is online, everyone is paying and everyone expects to be able to play with everyone especially because A) We know its possibly and wouldn't cost a thing B) It does nothing but improve the online scene.

I play a ton of competitive games online and they are all very segregated, most people are just going to play whatever game they want on the system they like or have.... The only group of players that upgrade there systems to play some what regularly are PC players.

2 of the biggest games out worldwide are can be cross played on everything but psn.
That's super whack and anyone defending talking about " but microsoft" is clearly trolling or really only plays single player games where cross play doesn't even really matter to them. Even if they didn't want to cross play with M$ why not nintendo?

I know for fighters the playstation has ALWAYS run them worst than xbox or PC, maybe they are afraid of that type of migration but even that doesn't really make sense Cross playing being open isn't going to lose them any sales.

The fact they they wont even all it to be enabled on 2 free 2 play games is mad disrespectful... typical sony :hhh:

The fact you can't change your psn name still also:scust:

that charging monthly for the most basic of service on psn :stopitslime:
it's weird that you don't have the same energy towards Microsoft charging motherfukkas to play F2P games online.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it's weird that you don't have the same energy towards Microsoft charging motherfukkas to play F2P games online.

They technically not charging you to play the f2p game it’s still free but live isn’t.
But That WHACK too, I don’t understand why they want everything to have the pay wall. It’s been a problem with MMO’s and other games with subscriptions to the point were a lot of mmos don’t even make it to Xbox. Basically paying for live, then a sub and then the internet.

It’s a standard they have stuck to since live when online.

With that said, one of the two networks is offline right now.....as I attempt to enjoy a couple online matches:dame:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
only a dweeb or weirdo would be against this...

sony suckas

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Play with nintendo. We dont want Microsoft in the industry anymore.

You dont need to survive tigether. Xbox needs to die.

nikkas tried to put a surveillance device in your living room with a camera. And you sad clowns still ride with them. Lol

I cant wait till xbox is Dead.

Let google take a chance. They could fund gaming at a loss and it wouldn' matter

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:
Play with nintendo. We dont want Microsoft in the industry anymore.

You dont need to survive tigether. Xbox needs to die.

nikkas tried to put a surveillance device in your living room with a camera. And you sad clowns still ride with them. Lol

I cant wait till xbox is Dead.

Let google take a chance. They could fund gaming at a loss and it wouldn' matter
:mjlol:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I guess I could take it or leave it. Been so used to these arrogant fukks blocking it for so many years it doesnt really matter as much to me anymore. This should prove to yall none of these companies give a shyt about u and all of them are opportunists. This is why competition is needed cause it gives all these companies that necessary ass kickin to stay on track and stay humble.