As PS4 Cross-Play Remains Limited, Nintendo Touts Switch/Xbox One Support In New Trailer

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Same shyt was brought up last gen when Xbox had early lead and we got crickets from Microsoft. Nintendo needs to sit the fukk down somewhere with their history. They created the Playstation monster. 100 dollar cartridges and shyt.

nikka please... Both them mufukkaz would do the same shyt if they were trouncing their competitors. :snooze:
I'm not sure what your fury has to do with my post.
I'm just saying that playing multiplats with everyone that owns the same game regardless of platform makes perfect sense.
Locking call of duty, battlefield, destiny, so on and so on to a console is absurd and only hurts gamers.
Owning a console for the exclusives is one thing. Not having cross platform multiplayer makes absolutely no sense.
If anything, cross platform multiplayer should excite you. It puts pressure on Sony/MS/Nintendo to put out more high quality console exclusives to differentiate themselves from the crowd.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The funny thing is Microsoft did the same thing last gen. Devs came out and said they were the ones blocking cross play.

On top they had that rule for indie games where they wouldn't allow indie games game to release on the system unless they released the same day or before on Xbox .

If Microsoft was in Sony position right now the roles would be reversed and they wouldn't be allowing cross play because it would benefit Sony.

And Nintendo's history speaks for itself. They are infamous for how they treated studios when they were on top.

I'm not mad at Microsoft taking shots,Sony takes shots. But let's not be disingenuous about the situation as a whole. Whoever is on top is going to do shyt like this and the companies trailing use it as ammo in public opinion.

Personally I could care less about cross play but :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Actually for me it has been a major issue.
I've always owned every console, but I purchase multiplats based on which friends I want to play with.
There's no reason I should have to purchase 2 copies of the same game to play with people on different platforms.
PC has had this figured out for decades. Console gamers have been conditioned to not care about this, but not caring doesn't make it any less ridiculous.
If I'm wrong correct me but don't pretty much all these cross play games not allow you to party up with other players on the opposite platform?? So in reality this "my friends are on PS4/Xbox/PC/Wii U" point is null and void since it's only able to randomly matchmake you with those people not party up with them.

SFV, Rocket League, Fortnite(PS4/PC), FFXIV etc I believe don't allow you to party up with players from another platform.

PC gaming is a bit different since most games have different clients and the client is what people connect through e.g. Battlefield is EA so players log onto Origin. Ubisoft through their stuff and so and so forth.

@daze23 @itsyoung!! may know better. Overwatch you use Blizzard etc. heck even Xbox crossplay requires both to be on Xbox Live/Windows store. You can't be on Steam and crossplay with someone playing an Xbox copy hence why there's no games that are PC/Xbox crossplay between Steam and Xbox. it's really Xbox except one is using the PC to sign onto Xbox live.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm not sure what your fury has to do with my post.
I'm just saying that playing multiplats with everyone that owns the same game regardless of platform makes perfect sense.
Locking call of duty, battlefield, destiny, so on and so on to a console is absurd and only hurts gamers.
Owning a console for the exclusives is one thing. Not having cross platform multiplayer makes absolutely no sense.
If anything, cross platform multiplayer should excite you. It puts pressure on Sony/MS/Nintendo to put out more high quality console exclusives to differentiate themselves from the crowd.

fukk DEM nikkaZ.

Where was this outrage last gen when Xbox was blocking it?

*insert tumbleweeds*

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
If I'm wrong correct me but don't pretty much all these cross play games not allow you to party up with other players on the opposite platform?? So in reality this "my friends are on PS4/Xbox/PC/Wii U" point is null and void since it's only able to randomly matchmake you with those people not party up with them.

SFV, Rocket League, Fortnite(PS4/PC), FFXIV etc I believe don't allow you to party up with players from another platform.
I think you're right (I'm not 100% sure though)....but you're missing my point.
I'm not saying what few cross platform games we have on console are getting it 100% right.
I'm saying PC has it 100% right and there's no reason consoles can't do the same thing.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
fukk DEM nikkaZ.

Where was this outrage last gen when Xbox was blocking it?

*insert tumbleweeds*

I'm keeping the same energy I've always had at least. I can't speak for anyone else and don't care to either.
The idea that if I want to play battlefield with a friend that prefers halo, I would have to buy a seperate XBOX1 copy is absurd and is a problem unique to consoles.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm keeping the same energy I've always had at least. I can't speak for anyone else and don't care to either.
The idea that if I want to play battlefield with a friend that prefers halo, I would have to buy a seperate XBOX1 copy is absurd and is a problem unique to consoles.

this message ain't for you then.

it's for all the fake ass hypocrisy filled bum larrybots and nintendopes who mad when we got receipts of them doing the same shyt last gen.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think you're right (I'm not 100% sure though)....but you're missing my point.
I'm not saying what few cross platform games we have on console are getting it 100% right.
I'm saying PC has it 100% right and there's no reason consoles can't do the same thing.
On PC there isn't really "crossplay" going on since most games use their servers and you have to log in through that provider's services. Only way for that to work is if every game did a MGSIV and forced you to sign up for their online service and/or link the two accounts together if they allow it.

Ironically, Microsoft If I remember correctly had a COD game on the W10 store that didn't connect to people who bought it on Steam so it was like there was two separate servers.
PSA: Don’t Buy Infinite Warfare on Windows 10 Store
This "We're all for crossplay :blessed:" MSFT PR is exactly what it sounds like, PR. They didn't allow crossplay between COD:IW between Xbox players and Windows 10 players or Windows 10 players and Steam because what happens is the same thing they're dissing Sony for: Gamers would buy things through another storefront and use it on their platform. Someone would hypothetically buy COD:IW on Steam, buy micro's and yet be able to use it with players who probably bought it through Xbox/Windows 10. It's really complicated.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
On PC there isn't really "crossplay" going on since most games use their servers and you have to log in through that provider's services. Only way for that to work is if every game did a MGSIV and forced you to sign up for their online service and/or link the two accounts together if they allow it.

Ironically, Microsoft If I remember correctly had a COD game on the W10 store that didn't connect to people who bought it on Steam so it was like there was two separate servers.
PSA: Don’t Buy Infinite Warfare on Windows 10 Store
This "We're all for crossplay :blessed:" MSFT PR is exactly what it sounds like, PR. They didn't allow crossplay between COD:IW between Xbox players and Windows 10 players or Windows 10 players and Steam because what happens is the same thing they're dissing Sony for: Gamers would buy things through another storefront and use it on their platform. Someone would hypothetically buy COD:IW on Steam, buy micro's and yet be able to use it with players who probably bought it through Xbox/Windows 10. It's really complicated.
I'd be 100% fine with that.
Do the whole "Blizzard / Battlenet" thing and let everyone play together regardless of the platform.