ARTICLE: Black Women Should look for husbands, not extra degrees

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
100% accurate....

Tyler Perry and his followers wont like this one.
A black woman is supposed to be "strong black and independent who doesn't take no BS from no man and don't need a man" :beli:

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
:what: why is finding a significant other, and getting a higher education mutually exclusive? If anything, finding a mate at college is the ideal setting. SMH...discouraging black folks to pursue education, now if that aint demonic I dont know what is.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
This problem isn't exclusive to black women though, there's more and more professional women going unmarried in to their thirties. Do you, live your dream, but truth be told, a chick who wants to get married/have kids should atleast be looking by 23/24. Your physical prime is about five/seven years before ours, life is good for you in your early 20s but once the thirties start nearing :whew:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
forum

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
:what: why is finding a significant other, and getting a higher education mutually exclusive? If anything, finding a mate at college is the ideal setting. SMH...discouraging black folks to pursue education, now if that aint demonic I dont know what is.

No one is saying one is better than the other...seems to me black women have OVER-prioritized one...I will let you figure that one out.

No way I complete my education without a father...I was a rebel growing up.
Only reason why I stayed in line is because I was scared of what the old man would do :pachaha:

Black women need to find husbands....

Truth hurts

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Women of other races Go to school and get married all the time though. School may be the reason for some black women not being able to get married but in the grand scheme of things it just doesn't make sense.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
The solutions to all these problems are:

• Black woman go to college
  • Black woman find a mate in college
  • Actually complete college hopefully along with said mate
  • Marry mate

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I'll try to tackle this.....

I agree and advocate that black women should spend less time going for the highest degrees and more time looking for husbands or potential long term partners. Many don't want to admit it but a big reason why black women go to school at record rates is because they don't have that safety net of a man to provide for them so they're faced with no other choice but to be independent and get their own shyt. There's nothing wrong with that but it's just the fact of the matter.

But at the same time I think that it's a tad unrealistic and a bit unfair to expect black women to all find Mr.Right in college because assuming that black women are interested in black men they're gonna have a hard time finding a man because of the sheer numbers alone. It's a well known fact that black women outstandingly outnumber black men in institutions of higher education so the odds are already against them to find a man on their level. There are many colleges where black men are a small minority on campus especially at hbcu's where some are 70% female and 30% male. And you also have to factor in compatibility once you meet someone just because you're both college educated doesn't mean you will click.

So I agree with the theory but it's kinda skating on thin ice when you look at it.:manny: