ART BARR PRESENTS...IF THEY MADE THEIR BONES IN THE INDIES.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Hey joe....

So I was thinking about this.

In regards to Kurt angle but I feel I wanted to ask anyone else. Who watches.
what wrassler.
Do you think could have been considered the goat.
If they would have had a better resume on the indies.

In regards to angle. I think we give him a disservice in legacy. By not speaking on how good in-ring he was in such a short wwe start based career. Yet to be honest. When has there ever been anyone in wrasslin modern history. Who had Kurt's resume and was a natural autonomous growth based performer. Who could at one point. Do anything to full mastery under the son in law McMahon era. Plus Do it at a point of greatness. That using a word I never like to use but is onky appropriate. To describe angle which is a natural. Yet better at it than Dustin Rhodes original natural character. Which imo is very difficult to do. Yet angle lapped the natural and mostly anyone in a squared circle in record time and pace for his age in the business of wrasslin.

Salute to angle cause he has a plethora of eras in just workmates and workrate. That his comedic timing and ability on screen as a character. Are only matched in fluidity to adapt to the son in law system by only Daniel bryant. As far as ascend up and down the card. In a time where the glass ceiling. Was not a typically in the cards for anyone in the WWE at the time whom was a better hand than the son in law ruining the promotion from overall product to card.

Plus not fitting into bigger is better model as well. Às angle fit into more of Vincent k senior's idea and model and not that of vince's. Vincent k senior's monopoly destruction of the territory system son, the younger Vince McMahon.
So for angle to appease the Megamall idea without fitting into the mold of bigger is better. Is also a political feat. That should be mentioned alongside Kurt's flowers for workmates inring.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Leaving this open ended with enough on the bone for discussion. As angle needs discussion for his workrate. Especially to see arguably the evolution of the best punches in wrasslin history dhmuring his wwe smackdown six booking era days and more.

Kurt angle's striking ability.
Was a Thang of beauty.

Art Barr

'Damn, Kurt used to slang dem bones.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Feel free to add anyone else you feel. Has some caveat to why they are not considered the goat. Yet you precoate their contribution to the squared circle for u're entertainment.
Plus give us some match references. So we can get a few of these streaming services and their computer pute'n.

Art Barr

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I think I understand what OP is trying to say if not then disregard the post but I would count they Perc Angle run as his “indy” work :manny:

Dude could do any style at any level :wow:

USA wrestling regular shyt :smugbiden:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Most male wrestlers coming up over the past 20 years have spent some time in the indies but there are some who have come up through only the WWE system pretty much like a Roman Reigns and people I think do try to downplay him at times because of that.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
This thread is really about AEW to keep it 100

A lot of their talent needs to just be working indie shows weekly

I wish Jade Cargill could get down to the indies.

Hell, their entire women's division needs to go down to the indies.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This thread is really about AEW to keep it 100

A lot of their talent needs to just be working indie shows weekly

I wish Jade Cargill could get down to the indies.

Hell, their entire women's division needs to go down to the indies.

Every grappler needs to be skilled.

How you made this about aew.
I dunno.

Art Barr

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
So basically who went straight from 'high school' (training) to the majors (weekly TV), but would be considered a legend if they had a 'college' (indie) run?

shyt - that's a really small pool. :patrice: Like really Kurt might be the only one. I mean Roman might have been given more of a chance earlier if he had been, like someone said earlier, but Vince wasn't going to rest until he made him The Guy so the fans' perception was kind of moot.

The kind of wrestler OP is thinking about might have stopped existing in the mid '10's, when they started recruiting straight from the indies. The NIL kids they've started bringing in might have an 'out of nowhere' legend in the ranks, though :yeshrug:

In AEW the only people I can really think of who never did the indies are Jade and Hook, and they are both good with the right opponent, but neither is as great as early Kurt. But then again, no-one is. :ehh:

How's Bianca's run been in-ring? She completely skipped the indies and she's consistently at the top of the card. She's a shoo-in for a Hall Of Fame eventually in terms of her kayfabe accomplishments and they believe she's entertaining enough for her own reality show,...

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Collegiate/Olympic wrestlers are top 3 most effective athletic template on the planet. Them nikkas got the mutant gene:russ:

Bruce Prichard said that Angle, during his audition, was the best natural athlete he'd ever seen and that he picked up everything immediately. I've noticed this being a pattern amongst people with a wrestling background

Shyt it's no coincidence Logan Paul has become such a good worker so fast

Angle being hilarious was icing on the cake. I don't see how the indies could've given him anything extra to be honest

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Collegiate/Olympic wrestlers are top 3 most effective athletic template on the planet. Them nikkas got the mutant gene:russ:

Bruce Prichard said that Angle, during his audition, was the best natural athlete he'd ever seen and that he picked up everything immediately. I've noticed this being a pattern amongst people with a wrestling background

Angle being hilarious was icing on the cake. I don't see how the indies could've given him anything extra to be honest

If angle grappled in the indies at any time.

I think he would be given a goat title much much more.

Art Barr

On another note.

To even mention Logan Paul as good.

I think you need to rant a match of his.
I never watched but since I never seen none of y'all wrote any match rants. I have no influence to even think it is good.

Till y'all rant matches or do performer series match rants.

I can't trust a grappler is good just because y'all name drop dude. Write some rants or I am not going.

No way you mentioned Logan Paul and Angle in the same breath. To think that is acceptable. It is a slap in the face.
Plus shows you may not have any idea or what draw or workrate is.
Hate to be harsh but on no day should you mention Angle and a no talent like Paul incomparison to make a point.

Art Barr

Alaskan
Daps
What about Brock?

Unless we're counting developmental as an indie, he had pretty much the same path as Angle (and Reigns).

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

Go in a wrestling room and you will understand breh :wow:

That grind is different and some of these savages are already on the mat before they can walk :damn: and they go live damn near every class. Imagine going to a boxing gym where you had to spar top nikkas in your state every class :damn:

I didn’t know how bout it shyt was until my son started doing it. He started in the 2nd grade and was considered a late bloomer by New Jersey standards :dead: by the 3rd grade he had a 40” box jump :damn: those training sessions wrestlers is :wow:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go in a wrestling room and you will understand breh :wow:

That grind is different and some of these savages are already on the mat before they can walk :damn: and they go live damn near every class. Imagine going to a boxing gym where you had to spar top nikkas in your state every class :damn:

I didn’t know how bout it shyt was until my son started doing it. He started in the 2nd grade and was considered a late bloomer by New Jersey standards :dead: by the 3rd grade he had a 40” box jump :damn: those training sessions wrestlers is :wow:
Point me to some workouts mane:wow: