Arrow Season 5 Thread - Arrow is Back

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked this episode.
Ollie being hard on the new recruits intercut with his Bratva initiation was cool.
The intro of Ragman was nice but I wonder why Ollie didn't introduce him to the other 3 Junior Arrow Team members.
I don't really care about what Diggle is up to. His story right now is like the past 2-3 seasons of shytty flashbacks for me. Might as well have killed him instead of Laurel.
Felicity being the quirky/quippy tech chick is the sweet spot for the character and how she should always be. Too bad it is going to all go to hell with Episode 5 which is reportedly "the big Olicity episode".

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dig's COD mission:ooh: Army PIG set the homie up:scust: Arrow's team prospect ETHER:gladbron: 'I said get ON THE LINE':umad: Felicity's minimal screentime:sas1: Thea's Lance Sponser:usure: Laurel's non-subtle namedrops:sas2:Ragman/The Hood did it for their fathers:mjcry: Cutty/Tyrese struggle stuntman, tho:dead: Wait, Promothesus in the cut:damn:

Last edited:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
The Real Story Behind Arrow's Showrunner And His Statements About People Trying To Fire Him - CINEMABLEND

"Obviously, this is a typo on my part. There's a word missing from my reply. I meant to write 'I'm sure Geoff and a whole mess of other people have BEEN lobbied to remove me from the show.' 'Been' as in Geoff et al. are the ones being lobbied --- per the post I was responding to --- not doing the lobbying. Equally obviously, Geoff is the Chief Creative Officer at DC Entertainment. He doesn't need to lobby when he could just make a phone call. And since we're dealing with something appearing on the Internet --- which isn't reactionary at all --- I'll throw in one more 'obviously' for good measure: If Geoff, who is not only a creative partner but also a good friend, was actually in favor of me losing my job at Arrow, I wouldn't be so stupid as to confirm that publicly."

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I liked this episode.
Ollie being hard on the new recruits intercut with his Bratva initiation was cool.
The intro of Ragman was nice but I wonder why Ollie didn't introduce him to the other 3 Junior Arrow Team members.
I don't really care about what Diggle is up to. His story right now is like the past 2-3 seasons of shytty flashbacks for me. Might as well have killed him instead of Laurel.
Felicity being the quirky/quippy tech chick is the sweet spot for the character and how she should always be. Too bad it is going to all go to hell with Episode 5 which is reportedly "the big Olicity episode".
I think they will be fine as long as she continues to be the quirky tech chick. I think the two characters have good chemistry.. but im with you on diggle, I hate to say it about the black guy but his character and his storyline is corny as fukk even his brother was corny.. I guess thats what happens when white people try to write for black guys

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
prometheus gotta be tommy right brehs?:

arrow-prometheus-203746.jpg

please dont be tommy, that makes so much sense with the type of personal vendetta he has but cmon you cant make that corn ball cool and menacing I wont buy it..

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Watching legends of tom yesterday, sara was trying to kill darhk back in the 4,0s if she needs darhk then Laurel lives

:patrice::jbhmm: so far it hasnt changed anything except the the actual show has seemed to go back to the grimey season 1-2 feel..

flashpoint out here changing shyt in real life:mindblown:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Did The Flash Go Too Far With Its First Big Change To Arrow? - CINEMABLEND

"There was no reason why John, Jr. couldn't have a big sister named Sara in his life.Flashpoint didn't need to wipe Sara from existence in order for John to be born. It's not like Oliver's first move as mayor was to decree a one-kid maximum in Star City. He was far too busy erecting statues and playing hooky to even think about anything like that.

Personally, I'm puzzled by the decision to remove a young girl who is an original character from Arrow and replace her with a young boy who has a superhero destinyon another show. None of the series in the Flarrow-verse have a great track record when it comes to treatment of female characters, ranging from Iris and Caitlin's lives revolving around men on The Flash to Hawkgirl's primary role on Legends of Tomorrow as a love interest to Thea's forced interactions with a man who drugged her into doing his bidding on Arrow. Honestly, I'm still offended that one of Laurel's final acts before her death was to tell Oliver that he's totally the love of her life but it's totally cool that she's not the love of his, and I didn't even like Laurel.

Another problem with the replacement of Sara Diggle due to Flashpoint is just that not everybody who watches Arrow also watches The Flash. Viewers who watchArrow for Arrow shouldn't have to deal with major changes because of something that happened on a show they don't even follow."

:laff: I hope this is a joke article.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
She was named as a tribute to Sara. Her running around on LOT definitely made that moot especially with the other sister now dead. They fukked up in the first place not having the future GA be Connor but an unborn Diggle jr.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

"There was no reason why John, Jr. couldn't have a big sister named Sara in his life.Flashpoint didn't need to wipe Sara from existence in order for John to be born. It's not like Oliver's first move as mayor was to decree a one-kid maximum in Star City. He was far too busy erecting statues and playing hooky to even think about anything like that.

Personally, I'm puzzled by the decision to remove a young girl who is an original character from Arrow and replace her with a young boy who has a superhero destinyon another show. None of the series in the Flarrow-verse have a great track record when it comes to treatment of female characters, ranging from Iris and Caitlin's lives revolving around men on The Flash to Hawkgirl's primary role on Legends of Tomorrow as a love interest to Thea's forced interactions with a man who drugged her into doing his bidding on Arrow. Honestly, I'm still offended that one of Laurel's final acts before her death was to tell Oliver that he's totally the love of her life but it's totally cool that she's not the love of his, and I didn't even like Laurel.

Another problem with the replacement of Sara Diggle due to Flashpoint is just that not everybody who watches Arrow also watches The Flash. Viewers who watchArrow for Arrow shouldn't have to deal with major changes because of something that happened on a show they don't even follow."

Yeah I'm sure Baby Sara was going to be a huge part of Arrow :mjlol:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

:yeshrug: