Arian Foster is he being serious, claims NFL is scripted.

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm as big of a conspiracy theorist as you'll find on this site, and there is no conceivable way that the outcome of professional sports games/what you see on the field is rigged.
It's just not good business, because if it was uncovered, their profits would nose dive.
Where it IS rigged is everything that happens between the final whistle of the Super Bowl and the opening kick off of week 1.
The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
Owners kind of... determine which teams will contend, or need to contend, to maximize profits in the coming year, and the offseason plays out accordingly.
That's why owners have the final say in the draft, after they have scouts and GM's flying around the world to find talent for 12 months.
Those scouts think they're doing a job for, say, the Buffalo Bills.
In reality, those scouts are doing a job for the NFL.
The owners get together with all of that info, from hundreds of scouts working for 30 teams, and build a composite draft board.
They have a damn good idea that Josh Allen is going to be great.
They use their media apparatus to paint the picture that "well, he's raw, there's a lot of questions here," but really, they know from interviews, metrics, IQ testing, and the like, that he's going to be a damn good prospect.
Maybe they can't say he's going to end up being top 3 in the league, but they can damn sure reach a consensus that he's the best QB in the draft.
Buf needs a new stadium, but they've been dogshyt for 20 years running.
He magically falls to Buf, and now they're elite, and on prime time 5x a year, and voila--WNY taxpayers are buying a new stadium.
Their schedule is modified accordingly.
Used to be they'd get bent over and rammed raw, playing more teams coming off a bye week than anyone in the league.
Now they have favorable schedules: home games in January vs. passing teams, no back to back to back road games, etc.
Free agency and trades are the same.
Rams need a spark in LA?
How about they get an elite QB from Detroit.
It's ridiculous to think that they would rig the games on the field, when they can stack the deck instead.
From there, it really and truly doesn't matter who "wins" or "loses" the "game."
Buf has a reason to be on prime time 10x a year now.
They might win the Super Bowl, they might not, but they're good enough to contend, and no matter what the results are, their media apparatus can tell a story about them that draws eyes. shyt, if they lose, they can talk about the 90s Bills choking too. And if they win, they can talk about how the curse of the 90s Bills is gone.
swy the big market teams are always good--they might never win a Super Bowl, but you can be damn sure they'll be in the conversation.
This still isn’t true because some of the most lucrative markets have had some of the worst players over the past 20 years (ie the Commanders)

I feel like you wrote some fan fiction, so please enlighten me how you got here before I dive deeper :sadcam: (FYI I know players and coaches and management and scouts from many team so I’m pretty aware of how this works)

Each team is its own business entity. The owners are only really responsible for their own business. Sure they have friends and comrads but if say the Lions go 0-16 5x in a row while Pats win 5 SBs in a row, trust me Kraft does not GAF.

It’s not rocket science though - bad teams get to pick better players, thus potentially becoming better teams.

The only thing fans would me amazed to see would be just how individually ran these teams really are lmao - like a bad team really is like a poorly run compay. shytty offices, execs drunk all the time, poor logistics, players direct deposits not working, staff fired quitting all the time, players leaving team hotel night before game to run trains on strippers (hey they 4-13 anyway and finna get cut in off-season minds well)…I seen it all

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
He's doing what others have struck it rich from doing. Saying dumb shyt that feeds into what people want to believe.

As we've all seen across the different subforums, if people WANT to believe something, they will. Facts don't matter and being proven WRONG doesn't matter either.

Daps
Script....no.

If that was the case, Dallas would win a ring and we'd have had some Pats vs Cowboys superbowls.

I do think the NFL is OK with "spreading the wealth" around though. They don't script outcomes but will make potential blowouts more competitive by using holding penalties, PI etc.

Easy way to manipulate betting outcomes. Maybe Philly was gonna beat Chicago but instead of 30-14, it's 27-17 when Philly was favored by 10.5 going in.

DjMe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This still isn’t true because some of the most lucrative markets have had some of the worst players over the past 20 years (ie the Commanders)

I feel like you wrote some fan fiction, so please enlighten me how you got here before I dive deeper :sadcam: (FYI I know players and coaches and management and scouts from many team so I’m pretty aware of how this works)

Each team is its own business entity. The owners are only really responsible for their own business. Sure they have friends and comrads but if say the Lions go 0-16 5x in a row while Pats win 5 SBs in a row, trust me Kraft does not GAF.

It’s not rocket science though - bad teams get to pick better players, thus potentially becoming better teams.

The only thing fans would me amazed to see would be just how individually ran these teams really are lmao - like a bad team really is like a poorly run compay. shytty offices, execs drunk all the time, poor logistics, players direct deposits not working, staff fired quitting all the time, players leaving team hotel night before game to run trains on strippers (hey they 4-13 anyway and finna get cut in off-season minds well)…I seen it all
fair enough.
i aint christ, i aint infallible.
its why its a conspiracy theory, not a fact.
take new information, assimilate it.
this shapes my view to some extent.
ill change moving forward.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Even feeding into the the notion that you're actively comprising the integrity of your product....just because you could potentially gain some temporary views from a demographic that doesn't care about what you're promoting is just insane.