Are you satisfied with the Nintendo Switch as of today?

Has the Switch been worth your money so far?

• Total voters

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Overall, would you say you really enjoy it and are swamped with a plethora of games or are you @CrimsonTider who finds a way to shyt on it every single chance?

The past couple of weeks I've been really rocking the Switch after not touching it for a few months. I've been playing Zelda and yesterday just popped back in Mario kart 8 Deluxe and I'm just like ":dahell: This game wasn't that fun to me when I first got" but now it's like incredible when I think about it. I brought it to work, popped it out while chilling in the car in the parking lot and ran through a whole cup(got 1st place 200CC). When Smash Bros comes out, I'll be glued to the Switch all day docked/undocked.

Right now I currently own

Zelda BOTW
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
Sonic Mania
Celeste
Brawlout
Fortnite

I still haven't completed all of them except Odyssey and there's still some more games I want to get like DK:TF but that game is too expensive for a port. The indie games are well suited to the Switch and I prefer to buy em here. I can say with a resounding yes that the Switch has been worth the money easily.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I play Odyssey here and there because I think it’s one of the best pick up and play games ever made

Other than that I haven’t played it much this year.

I did everything I wanted to do in BOTW. I own a WIIU so the ports don’t interest me

I’m going to pick up Mario Tennis this week.

I don’t criticize the switch I just point out the hypocrisy that goes on in this industry when it comes to Nintendo

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I play Odyssey here and there because I think it’s one of the best pick up and play games ever made

Other than that I haven’t played it much this year.

I did everything I wanted to do in BOTW. I own a WIIU so the ports don’t interest me

I’m going to pick up Mario Tennis this week.

I don’t criticize the switch I just point out the hypocrisy that goes on in this industry when it comes to Nintendo
What hypocrisy goes on with Nintendo? I don't see it honestly.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I only own
South Park
Zelda
Mario

I’m cool with that because I’m not expecting much game wise for me on the switch being I’m a huge AAA whore.

Also

I was super disappointed in some 3rd party ports. I had my hopes on that WWE game. Would been my 1st wrestling game since 2001. But man does that game run like dogshyt

But the biggest thing is no Netflix for me:russ:

Once Netflix comes I will have no issues. Because I know Smash & Metroid coming. I can live with that :yeshrug:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm good. Honestly, I have more games than I can play.
Currently playing through Hyrule Warriors. What a great game. Highly recommended for anyone that skipped on the Wii U or 3DS. Warriors games are much more fun when you care about the characters.

Everything gets hyped to the moon and faults get ignored with them because they pull on nostalgiac heart strings

Maybe years ago, I don't see it as much anymore. Look at the way people talk about their online for example.

Where the fukk is retro? It's been 4 years

Even when the rumors of that Star Fox racer came out, insiders were saying it was a 2019 game that wasn't gonna be shown soon. Supposedly, they had something else in the works that struggled for a while and got cancelled.
Also, they ported Tropical Freeze to Switch themselves

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
What hypocrisy goes on with Nintendo? I don't see it honestly.
To me, Nintendo is lazy with everything that isn't Mario, zelda, and pokemon.

Last real metroid game came out 11 years ago. We haven't gotten an actual 3d Donkey Kong game since N64, they refuse to take starfox seriously as a franchise. 90% of their roster only ever see light of day when a new smash bros comes out.

Then critics treat Nintendo like Disney in that they refuse to give any negative criticism in most AAA Nintendo releases.
For example, skyward sword was trash but sits at a 93 on metacritic and got perfect scores across the board. I feel like that game is "the last jedi" of the gaming industry.

Nintendo is really the only developer who doesn't have to have decent, or any voice acting in their games.

Nintendo is allowed to make mistakes no other company can afford to make.

But I do like the switch.
:ehh:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
My middle son and I beat Mario Odyssey, it was fun.

Mario Kart can be fun, doesn’t feel like back in the day.

I can’t bring myself to beat Zelda and I’m a Zelda Stan. Mario/Rabbids is fun.

I’m happy with my purchase, though.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
My middle son and I beat Mario Odyssey, it was fun.

Mario Kart can be fun, doesn’t feel like back in the day.

I can’t bring myself to beat Zelda and I’m a Zelda Stan. Mario/Rabbids is fun.

I’m happy with my purchase, though.

Use a walkthrough for Zelda. There is too much shyt to do in the game so it can become overwhelming. I don’t fukk around wasting too much time trying to figure out shrines and side missions. I just use the walkthrough. Even with a walkthrough the game can take forever to beat. I’ve been playing Zelda over 1 year and still haven’t not beaten it. Alsmost finish now though since I decided to put a little effort in beating it

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Everytime I think of playing the Switch I do some work instead. I'll play Zelda an hour or two before bed and I've been enjoying it.

I actually didn't pass the 1 hour mark in Zelda for a while because of the walking. Dude wanted to give me a glider but not secure a horse.

But I have a horse so I'm enjoying it. Just would like some system of keeping the weapons I have currently.

Overall, the system itself doesn't have a functioning online infrastructure, no browser, YouTube, social media access is limited. It's a Game Boy Advance in HD with some decent games. And it's unacceptable that the 2DS can handle things a lot better than this system.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
One thing that reminded about access of this system was the Smash reveal. We can have 8 players on at a time. Now if I have my friends over and we all want to play I have to go out and buy 4 joycon sets.

With their Vita memory card pricing on the Joycon and accessories for basic controllers, I don't see the justification.

That was my complaint upon launch and it hasn't wavered.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Overall, the system itself doesn't have a functioning online infrastructure, no browser, YouTube, social media access is limited. It's a Game Boy Advance in HD with some decent games. And it's unacceptable that the 2DS can handle things a lot better than this system
Another thing Nintendo can get away with that would destroy any other company.

Psn was trashed last gen for being sub par and it was free. Nintendo is announcing prices for a online service that's damn near non existant. Nobody really cares, I didnt even know It couldn't download simple entertainment apps like youtube and Netflix, or a simple internet browser when I bought it.
:gucci:

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
I'm satisfied with my purchase since I really don't have time to game these days. The Switch was my first console purchase since the days of the PS3.

I own Odyssey, BOTW and Bayonetta 2 on physical and about 7 indie titles. Each game i put a good amount of time since I mostly play handheld.