Are you lawyers making money

AceAge

Pro
Daps
I make more money than the lawyers I know. Most lawyers I know make 70-80,000.
Seems like a waste to incur all that debt for regular wages.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
So most lawyers don't make money like that? :ohhh:

Most lawyers aren’t making a lot of money.

The top 10% are, which is what is shown on tv.

Your average tech worker is making more than your average lawyer. Average tech worker also has less debt and works fewer hours.

To put things into perspective, I make well above $150k in tech and only work 40 hours per week.

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
I make more money than the lawyers I know. Most lawyers I know make 70-80,000.
Seems like a waste to incur all that debt for regular wages.

for california this is correct, esp for lawyers starting out of in low paying industries

however, certain segments such as "big corporate law" and "ip law" are making double to triple this

and of course you have the attorneys that run their own businesses that do quite well, esp in the field of personal injury where its not uncommon for no name attorneys to be making solid 6 figures to M's

aliG

Pro
Daps
for california this is correct, esp for lawyers starting out of in low paying industries

however, certain segments such as "big corporate law" and "ip law" are making double to triple this

and of course you have the attorneys that run their own businesses that do quite well, esp in the field of personal injury where its not uncommon for no name attorneys to be making solid 6 figures to M's

i know an ip lawyer in his late 20's making 600k in LA.

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
100k but my wife is also an attorney and she makes almost twice that at a private firm. Plus we are in North Carolina so cost of living is low. Doing pretty good. Still have law school debt but nothing crazy. If I had it to do all over again I would do it 10 times outta 10. I like the fact that I will always have employment and have a very very flexible schedule.

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Yes. It's a hustle. The funny thing is, the so called "ambulance chasers" are caked up something serious. It's a profession where you can instantly come up financially with the right case. Just have to put in work to get them. Debt is relative, even the top 10% riding the IBR wave. Post high-school education is stupid high.

IT is the route to go these days. As someone already said, you can make a good living with less work.