Are You Good At Stealth In Games?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Well to be fair, backing up a teammate is less about keeping that teammate alive than it is making sure the guy who killed him gets killed and isnt able to progress. I play hardcore modes so if youre turning a corner and get capped immediately, there wasnt anything I could do to save you because its OHK most times. I can make sure that nikka dies though. If its regular modes then backup can def save you from bad spots or ambushes. Harcore? Nah. If a nikka got the drop, you just dead af.:hubie:

You should def work angles defending together though. You have more time to adjust and its a given about what it is you are defending and where you are vulnerable. When you are on the offensive, you may not spawn around any teammate and even if you, he may be attacking a diff objective then you do. Thats when parties come in helpful communicating that. I dont do callouts and I usually mute everyones mics but the situation you gave, yeah, there shouldve been backup active. I guess it really doesnt come in to play with me unless we are on Hardpoint or Domination since I do HC. I revenge kill so wherever I died, I do the dumb dumb and attack that area immediately b/c I want a gunfight, preferably against who killed me. Its the most satisfying for me. I die on the left, I attack the left on spawn. If my teammate goes right, I probably should go with him...but these nikkas on the left pissed me off. I will enjoy killing them more then looking for someone to kill elsewhere.

:yeshrug:
I see...

I think you are specifically talking about COD... Maybe even battlefield.

GOW is a different beast... I was more so talking about Gears of War and maybe a lil Halo.

Gears is more of a stealthier shooting game. Maps are dark af, cover/hiding systems, traps, etc. fighting in Gears a lot of times is like a chess match. Even shotgun battles are a chess match dealing with range, where you shoot them, accuracy, predicting where someone is going (ever deal with people wallbouncing and nikkas trying to run directly at your chest). I would say that I look at shotgun battles a lot like boxing sometimes...

But For example, the bullshyt I was talking about was at a map called Canals. Im on my bridge but there is no sniper (each teams bridge has a sniper, no one spawns with sniper) so our shyt was gone for some reason. Opp was sniping at my boy from the opposite bridge while my boy was at the middle bridge trying to push forward, often fighting others on his own.

What I was doing was distracting/disrupting the opposition sniper by shooting him with the pistol whenever he aimed at my friend to try and help his team, while my friend is doing work alone... While I was doing that I was also waiting for snipe to respawn.

The nikka behind me was not engaged in ANY ACTION... So his only job if he was going to sit there was to watch my back. I was watching my front as well and people did run up. He did not do any of that shyt and I got ran up on at least 3 times from the back. By the second time I realized this dude is just :snoop: so it was basically a 2v4. He got scrap kills but that's usually after I died while fighting upwards to 3 nikkas by myself.

I don't play COD anymore but to me that was either camping or just running around not staying in one spot. Not much of a team game imo, more of a just ADD run around and shoot or camp/snipe. Battlefield was more team shyt to me but I still didn't expect anyone to get my back... I expected them to get whoever killed me though.

And there are often times where I set people up who think they got me in Gears. My back is turned so they think I'm not watching my back and don't see them running up. As soon as they get in range I get up, sidestep their shot, and then headshot them. Its to the point where my friends know not to try to run up me so they shoot from a distance. I can't do that if this clown is behind me not paying attention

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I see...

I think you are specifically talking about COD... Maybe even battlefield.

GOW is a different beast... I was more so talking about Gears of War and maybe a lil Halo.

Gears is more of a stealthier game. Cover systems, traps, etc. fighting in Gears a lot of times is a chess match.

For example, the position I was talking about was at a map called Canals. Im on my bridge but there is no sniper (each teams bridge has a sniper, no one spawns with sniper) so our shyt was gone for some reason. Opp was sniping at my boy from the opposite bridge while my boy was at the middle bridge trying to push forward, often fighting others on his own.

What I was doing was distracting/disrupting the opposition sniper by shooting him with the pistol whenever he aimed at my friend to try and help his team, while my friend is doing work alone... While I was doing that I was also waiting for snipe to respawn.

The nikka behind me was not engaged in ANY ACTION... So his only job if he was going to sit there was to watch my back. I was watching my front as well and people did run up. He did not do any of that shyt and I got ran up on at least 3 times from the back. By the second time I realized this dude is just :snoop: so it was basically a 2v4. He got scrap kills but that's usually after I died while fighting upwards to 3 nikkas by myself.

I don't play COD anymore but to me that was either camping or just running around not staying in one spot. Not much of a team game imo, more of a just ADD run around and shoot or camp/snipe. Battlefield was more team shyt to me but I still didn't expect anyone to get my back... I expected them to get whoever killed me though.
Yeah sounds like he was a scrub ass player on bullshyt. Not just because he isnt good at killing, but because he didnt know what to do in assisting you. COD def has that element of stealth if you push for it. Its a very tactical game at Prestige and Master Prestige levels. Its just also a scrub friendly game, mechanics-wise. I have GOW4 but I rarely play it. Like maybe 5 times. I realized that because I play with legacy controls, it being a 3rd person shooter fukks up hand-eye coordination to play well like I do Halo/BF/COD. Its weird. Destiny does the same thing. If its a shooter, i need it to be FPS with legacy settings. If its 3rd person, it has to be action based like Uncharted/Tomb Raider. Cant be 3rd person shooter. :belipup:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yeah sounds like he was a scrub ass player on bullshyt. Not just because he isnt good at killing, but because he didnt know what to do in assisting you. COD def has that element of stealth if you push for it. Its a very tactical game at Prestige and Master Prestige levels. Its just also a scrub friendly game, mechanics-wise. I have GOW4 but I rarely play it. Like maybe 5 times. I realized that because I play with legacy controls, it being a 3rd person shooter fukks up hand-eye coordination to play well like I do Halo/BF/COD. Its weird. Destiny does the same thing. If its a shooter, i need it to be FPS with legacy settings. If its 3rd person, it has to be action based like Uncharted/Tomb Raider. Cant be 3rd person shooter. :belipup:
Yeah I get what you saying about sticking to only a couple shooters

I can't just jump from playing GOW to another shooter and still be decent right away.

Maybe battlefield 1 or BF4 but thats because I've played BF4 so much its like second nature.

Yeah I'm sure COD at a prestige level or higher is more tactical. Same with Gears really. Playing against Onyx/Diamonds/Gold 3's and playing against regular Golds or silvers who haven't even prestiged is a fukking breeze. I'm almost about to prestige for the 3rd time in Gears. Thats when it gets fukking crazy.. You start playing against cats that have prestiged 4-6 times and shyt.