Are You Even Having Fun?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is why gaming discourse is so trash. People are so upset Silent Hill 2 ended up receiving good scores they are going out of their way to change the review scores on Wikipedia now. :francis:

It's unclear what's motivating the edits, although its presumed by some to have been fuelled by the nauseating discourse that the game is "woke" because of changes made to the characters facial features and clothing.

Outright lies around the games reception and metacritic score - including one edit that said the game had "received the worst reviews imaginable" - means the page has now been put into a semi-protected state to stop unregistered users from making wild, unsubstantiated claims, including one that said Eurogamer had awarded it 0/5 stars when, in fact, it got top marks.

Dlkom8il.png

no matter what game it is, what it does, or how good or bad it is there is some outrage or controversy attached to it now just because thats how a certain group of people make money. They have to generate a false discussion around a game to get people to click their goofy videos..

same with the Helldivers 2 criticism, it wasn’t a big deal until one person said it was then everyone followed like sheep. Almost every game discussion is tainted at this point.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm always enjoying whatever game I'm playing. Some days I may not be in the mood to play something and feel zoned out but a lot of times I'm enjoying it immensely. I've had tons of fun this year and last.

VZQH1cL.png

This is most recent played games on Steam. My PS5 got games on too. There's too much to play these days.

Last edited:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Yes and no. Most of the time I’m happy with the actual gaming experience but the landscape is just different. For example, I used to love playing 2k but once they focused on pushing VC it hasn’t been the same. I will never accept the practice of having to buy VC along with the game every year just to compete, even offline. Madden is cool but the fact that I frequently get disconnected from franchise mode due to shytty servers makes me :scusthov: at the thought of paying for that shytty game. I love games like Spider Man, Starfield and Cyberpunk but it takes at least 5 years for games to be developed now…I’ve beaten Spider Man 2 like 3x and there’s no DLC yet :gucci: kids today don’t even realize that games used to release with everything included, not just the story and additional content for $$$. Multi platform games would have different features/characters for each platform. Companies were actually trying to earn your money instead of scheming on ways to con you out of it (I’m looking at you Netherealm). I still enjoy the core of gaming but it’s a mainstream and largely soulless form of entertainment these days.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Majority of the games I enjoy are rehashes and that’s not okay. Hasn’t been a new IP to catch my attention in years.

Superstar
Daps
I’ve had to adjust to the responsibilities that come with parenting on top of being a full time worker, and full time student, in a single income household.

My backlog is building and I’m finding that I’m having the time of my life doing simple shyt like re-playing MGS V and customizing myleague in 2k25. If I’m at my desktop I may hop into squad, ready or not, or cities skylines. I grab games that interest by premise only. I don’t really care too much about reviews. I barely know any gaming media personalities, and I don’t know ANY streamers. They’re all just talking heads to me that don’t matter at all to my life and the way I live it.

I’m happy as fukk this year, I’ll be even happier with my future PS5 pro. I’d still be happy if they released a TLOU1 ps5 pro remaster and the only upgrade was changing Ellie’s face to resemble Millie Shapiro. I’m old, I’m content, and I’m amazed everytime I select “start new game” or “continue save”. We could still be playing old ass phone number controller Atari’s, so I’m grateful for what we have.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just a question to gamers in general...

Like between the industry being an emotional mess of greed, corruption, and layoff woes, is this affecting you gaming wise? Like, are you forcing yourself to get through games or taking your time to embrace the moment?

I noticed that the gaming industry became this wild, cynical place of misery. From streamers preaching doom and gloom on the web, gamers getting tired of getting fukked over by broken games, talking heads like IGN finding the next argument to thrive over.

In the midst of all of this chaos, are you enjoying the year of gaming in 2024? Despite the issues, I'm appreciating my backlog and taking my complete time with Watch Dogs Legion and getting ready for Undisputed (despite the Early Access being a bit rough).

Are you having fun?
As I get older I find myself playing less and less games.

I've played: 3 hours of Rise of the Tomb Raider
1.5 hours of both Persona 3 Reloaded and Unicorn Overlord
49 minutes of Final Fantasy 7 Remake
72 hours of Trails Through Daybreak

That's the extent of my gaming this year so far. I don't think I'll ever quit gaming but it also just doesn't call to me like it used to. Sometimes it feels like a chore and I just prefer to unwind after work reading a book or watching something on streaming instead. Something less active.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yep, if you largely ignore gamers. and play what you like there isn't a problem
I've yet to come across a game that stayed broken. My experience with the most broken game was probably Cyberpunk, and they redeemed themselves 2x over. Most other games have minor glitches and are patched within the first month.

Gamer opinions are trash and should be ignored. Just saw Starwars Theory say Star Wars Outlaws was the worst game he ever played. Dude clearly never heard of Gollum. Moreover Outlaws was a lot of fun. Some people are hating games from a political perspective rather than an artistic one.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Anyone who says gaming is bad now aren’t real gamers or they’re sheep that live and die by discourse. :yeshrug:
Yes, because I ignore the game media and opinions. I buy and play what I want, when I want.

I'm letting go of the guilt of a back log and forgiving myself ahead of time if I don't circle back around and finish something.
Yeah, enjoying myself immensely actually. My only gripe is other obligations and lack of time overall. I probably still game more hours than most adults my age and play a variety of games and a lot of games within quick succession, as I tend to play 4-8 games within a week rotation. I do this simply because of how much I enjoy gaming.

The media for everything doesn't really affect me at all or what I do. I do think for those that it does need to take a social media detox. I don't ever feel the need to do so tho it cuz any of the stuff I disagree don't even provoke me much to even engage with more often than not. I just laugh or shrug it off and keep gaming.
All of this. Sometimes it's easy to forget it's okay to not like a game that other people don't like or vice-versa. The point is to have fun. That bleach game looks absolutely mid. But I love bleach so it's gonna let me have some nostalgic fun.
We gotta treat these games like movies honestly. Everybody has different tastes. Go play what you like and drop what you don't

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
All of this. Sometimes it's easy to forget it's okay to not like a game that other people don't like or vice-versa. The point is to have fun. That bleach game looks absolutely mid. But I love bleach so it's gonna let me have some nostalgic fun.
We gotta treat these games like movies honestly. Everybody has different tastes. Go play what you like and drop what you don't

And there’s enough diversity where i honestly can’t see how someone can’t find something they love every year

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps
GTA was skill-based fun, now it's grind and grief style gameplay and I am hoping Rockstar will get the message that GTA 6 doesn't need to be grind and grief, it can be fun

Also no story mode click-throughs. Playable cutscenes like half of RDR2

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
GTA was skill-based fun, now it's grind and grief style gameplay and I am hoping Rockstar will get the message that GTA 6 doesn't need to be grind and grief, it can be fun

Also no story mode click-throughs. Playable cutscenes like half of RDR2
I feel bad for gamers that like to play online competitively. You guys are getting absolutely exploited. The amount of hours they expect you to put in to grind to the actual fun part of the games are ridiculous. Call of duty has locked guns and perks, 2k has locked badges and stats, GTA has locked guns and cars. Kinda sucks and they'll let you pay to skip the grind instead of making it a realistic amount of time to unlock things.