Are we ready to admit that Budokai 3 is the greatest DBZ game in existence?

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Is Xenoverse really that good, folks? Haven't played it yet but I've been toying with pulling the trigger.
:lupe:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Budokai 2 and 3 are untouchable GOATs.

Xenoverse doesn't have enough of a combat system to top it. A lot of people prefer Tenkaichi 2/3 to Budokai 2/3 but that's because they like the braindead combat more, you have to actually be good at Budokai 2/3 to win. Especially 2 because there's no teleport dodges.

IW has a higher learning curve tho than any DBZ game ever :damn:

If it had the same modes as Budokai 3 and added maybe a little more content then it would've went down in history as the GOAT instead.

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
Nope

dbz.jpg
Piccolo_atacando_Dragon_Ball_Z_Super_Saiya_Densetsu.jpg

You aint shyt if you never played this game. When I first discovered roms as a kid I found out about this game. :whew:

Japan only and fan translated IIRC. DBZ RPG epic on the SNES. Covers like the whole storyline from the show.

It went thru the whole show?

A breh never got past the freiza saga :mjcry:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I said it before and i'll say it again

Budokai 3 isn't the best DBZ game. But anime based fighters in general it's the best fighter in existence. The combat engine is so deep. If budokai 3 was first released right now it would be a main stay in the fgc. The combat system is that good.

Tenkaichi 3 however is the best DBZ game. To this day no other game has perfectly captured the esscece of DBZ combat then Tenkachi 3. Budokai 3 is HANDS DOWN a better "Fighting Game" though. Like someone above said. You actually have to be "good" to win in Budokai 3. No different then Street Fighter or Tekken.

Budokai 3=Def Jam Fight 4 NY
Tenkaichi 3=WWE Here comes the pain

Def jam is obviously the better game "gameplay" wise. Here comes the pain was the best licensed WWE game however. It did everything right.

Last edited:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
For me B3 is one of the best games ever, i actually remeber when B1, B2 and B3 dropped , was a madness

let me skip B1

when B2 came out , the upgrade from 1 to 2 was so god level brehs, the grphics, the gameplay, storymode was revelosional , the cheat system to get 100% quick :lolbron: but that game was deep, didnt think anything could be better

UNTILL

B3 came out

i had a little game store near my house so we could play the latest games £1 for an hour, i saw these two guys playing vs and i was blown away by the combo system, dragon rush and when the way to do the finishing moves, i had to get it brehs, copped that shyt and never looked back, ah my ps2 days man i miss them

i got 100% on that game like 5 times cause i loved it that much, and this was between playing great games that came in that era too

i also copped the hd 360 version but was disapointed cause they didnt include online and the OG soundtrack, didnt even finish it

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
To go a little more in depth about how GOAT 3 is, think about how in 1 & 2 when your character transformed, it was just a flash of light and they actually lost power. Your Ki gauge went down.

In 3 all that shyt changed. When you transformed, the screen went dark and your character actually powered up. Not only that your ki gauge increased which made perfect sense. Also, you could go airborne whenever.

Plus that teleport/dodge system. Press x at the right time to dodge physical attacks and then press forward x to teleport behind your opponent. You could even follow up a knock back attack and teleport like 3 more times for extra damage.

Then that Dragon Rush. First time I tried that shyt had me like :ohhh:. That guessing game type shyt were if you're playing with your friends you make sure to not let them see which button you pressed. I know y'all remember how if your opponent stopped you on the second part of the Dragon Rush both characters would stop in the middle of air and just start fighting like how they did in the show:ohlawd:

Last but not least, them ultimate attacks. When I first saw how certain special moves would have the little animation where it showed how the attack blew up a part of the planet or a Kamehameha or Final Flash would blast off into space had me like :damn: this shyt is real.

Overall Budokai 3 is just too GOAT. If they made a game like that, except with all the characters for PS4/Xbox One I'll buy that shyt day one, especially if it came with online.:whew:

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Budokai 2 and 3 are untouchable GOATs.

Xenoverse doesn't have enough of a combat system to top it. A lot of people prefer Tenkaichi 2/3 to Budokai 2/3 but that's because they like the braindead combat more, you have to actually be good at Budokai 2/3 to win. Especially 2 because there's no teleport dodges.

IW has a higher learning curve tho than any DBZ game ever :damn:

If it had the same modes as Budokai 3 and added maybe a little more content then it would've went down in history as the GOAT instead.

:mjpls:T3 has the best combat in any dbz game. When yall played it you probably thought square, square, square, triangle is all there is to the game. Tenkaichi isn't offensive focused like all the other dbz games it's focused on defence and movement.

This youtuber underlortico is the best B3/IW player i've seen and all he does is combo, cancel, combo, cancel, combo, cancel, and uses supers to extend his juggle and is taking away full hp bars just like that. Thats all there really is to this game :manny:

You telling me that comes close to this? :comeon:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
tenkaichi 2 is the last ps2 game i bought and my enjoyment of that game has not been topped. from dragonball to gt, shyt had so many characters and transformations. i thought budokai 3 was the best until i played that game.

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Nobody ever has love for Raging Blast :mjcry:

GOAT

Underrated I think because RB1 was so average.
RB2 is the last DBZ title I bought. Hit up practice on the hardest difficulty for a few weeks.
Used to be like Neo with Goku when I played vs the CPU or online. Legit couldn't be touched.
:blessed:
Raging Blast 2 & BT3 are my favorites but I'm going to grab Xenoverse tonight.
It may replace them if the reviews are legit.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Underrated I think because RB1 was so average.
RB2 is the last DBZ title I bought. Hit up practice on the hardest difficulty for a few weeks.
Used to be like Neo with Goku when I played vs the CPU or online. Legit couldn't be touched.
:blessed:
Raging Blast 2 & BT3 are my favorites but I'm going to grab Xenoverse tonight.
It may replace them if the reviews are legit.
Give me Kid Buu in any of the DBZ titles.

I'll give out that work.

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
For nostalgic purposes, Final Bout will always be my shyt.
Mom had it imported from Japan for me when I was a kid.
Couldn't even read the menus and the Internet wasn't popping like it is now so figuring out how to hold your own was a challenge but it was worth it.

Trunks' theme.

:lawd: