Are we ready to admit GOON-TAH’s presentation on the main roster has been fantastic (Gunther appreciation thread)

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Let’s chat about it. The uproar when he dropped “Walter” was loud, heard he was ruined and dead on arrival.. it’s been quite the opposite, no?

If they were going to change up his name, should have been done before he debuted within WWE TBH. It's dumb as fukk to do so after the fact and without any sort of reason or logic other than "this week he's called Gunther!". No issue with them requesting name changes so they have a big piece of the pie, but should be the case from the jump.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Love these dumb threads. "TSC always...." etc..

Who exactly is "TSC" .. where's the quotes? if you don't have quotes then what and who are you discussing?

Dumb threads lol

Okay Eric Brooks. You got it buddy

fukk I look like going through posts looking for quotes. You nikkas know what y’all talking points were

We can’t discuss Gunther being used great on the main roster, that’s a dumb thread.. yet if he was collecting L’s or off tv, that would be perfectly fine to discuss freely I'm sure

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Name change was still stupid but I like what I've seen of the Ring General shyt. Hope he brings prestige to the title again.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
The name change was unnecessary and there’s nothing that Gunther does that will change my mind on that, Walter was just fine and please guys stop bringing up Finn Balor and Sami Zayn as name change examples because they debuted in WWE under those names, they did not wrestle in WWE for 3-4 years then get their name changed, BUT with that said, the presentation of Gunther has been excellent, badass look, badass entrance, Ludwig’s intro is one of my favorites, no complaints here other than they need to pick a theme for Gunther and stick to it.

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
The name change was unnecessary and there’s nothing that Gunther does that will change my mind on that, Walter was just fine and please guys stop bringing up Finn Balor and Sami Zayn as name change examples because they debuted in WWE under those names, they did not wrestle in WWE for 3-4 years then get their name changed, BUT with that said, the presentation of Gunther has been excellent, badass look, badass entrance, Ludwig’s intro is one of my favorites, no complaints here other than they need to pick a theme for Gunther and stick to it.
This

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The name change was still dumb, but they have done a good job selling him as a threat. Also, have to give props to Walter for getting himself into top shape. While the title is a midcard title they can use Walter to bring it back to relevancy and hopefully have him featured on PPVs defending it.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
At the time it was dumb. Both names some regular ass shyt, so why change from one people recognize you for, that you built up in AND out of the E.

But now that the dust has settled who gives a shyt, still the same wrestler and same talent. Was still stupid though, but trademarks gotta be had in the E.... Gotta believe that was the reason so it's whatever

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I think the bigger issue is changing the name after he had already been in NXT for years. Same as Pete Dunne named being changed. Especially since both of them have wrestled on main roster shows / PPVs with their original names (if I’m not mistaken)

It’s like if they would’ve changed Nakamura’s name to Suzuki name once he was on the main roster

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Name change was dumb because you brought in the new, built up the name which is his real name by the way. The booking is fine because he's still being presented as WALTER unlike Pete Dunne becoming Butch. :hhh:

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Name change was dumb because you brought in the new, built up the name which is his real name by the way. The booking is fine because he's still being presented as WALTER unlike Pete Dunne becoming Butch. :hhh:
I think that was the fear which is logical. If theres two things Vince loves its having his own creations and completely fukking up organic fan connections to wrestlers/storylines. Gunther  Stark seemed destined for this especially with the Imperium (an example of a name change very few complained about) split. Its still early but he is a layup if you let him cook

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
They have an opportunity to let the belt have some relevancy. Let’s see what they do.
It's crazy to me that I've read or made this same kind of posts for literally 15+ years and it has never truly happened (not with a midcard or newly arrived talent).

WWE really is on some abusive relationship with it's audience. It becomes much clearer when you stop watching, tbh.