Are there any Accounting Major's/CPA's in here.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I've decided to go back to school at over the age of 30 and I want to become a CPA. I got about 50 credits going towards my degree. What is the job market looking like. I wanted to do something that interests me, something I would like doing and something I could use to earn money on my own if I couldn't find a 9-5. I've been doing peoples taxes for the past 5 years so I think its a logical job field for me.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
I've decided to go back to school at over the age of 30 and I want to become a CPA. I got about 50 credits going towards my degree. What is the job market looking like. I wanted to do something that interests me, something I would like doing and something I could use to earn money on my own if I couldn't find a 9-5. I've been doing peoples taxes for the past 5 years so I think its a logical job field for me.

ok i will tell u this and only this:

1. Get your accounting degree...have a high GPA
2. Get your CPA certification...pass all 4 parts and make sure u have the necessary classes and experience
3. Seek work with a big 4 accounting firm or 2nd tier firm
4. Find a mentor...
5. Seek out the big projects
6. Work hard...you almost gotta be married to your job...require a lot of sacrifice
7. Leave when you become a manager

Then u can easily command a 6 digit salary if not more anywhere you go...

If you decide to stay at a firm past manager...work hard and maybe u can make partner and they make anywhere from $250K to $5 million depending on the clients and partner-share they have.

good luck

Daps
Reppin
NULL
3 more years breh
:boss:

job market is lookin rosy for a youngin like myself, if u my complexion & motivated Id recommend some help from Welcome to NABA, Inc. > Home

speakin of which, anybody know any other organizations built to help an ambitious young brother like myself eat good?

Im tryna get my CPA by 2015

:takedat:

thinkin bout dat moolah

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know Kalon is studying accounting. I forgot his screen-name on here though.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
3 more years breh
:boss:

job market is lookin rosy for a youngin like myself, if u my complexion & motivated Id recommend some help from Welcome to NABA, Inc. > Home

speakin of which, anybody know any other organizations built to help an ambitious young brother like myself eat good?

Im tryna get my CPA by 2015

:takedat:

thinkin bout dat moolah

Are you one of those a$$holes who thinks he's superior because you're lightskin?:wtb:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
yeah im an accountant. if anyone wants help with their taxes or other finances just shoot me a pm. be sure to include your tax info, social security #, and a credit card # so i can make sure you arent payin too much interest to these banks.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
yeah im an accountant. if anyone wants help with their taxes or other finances just shoot me a pm. be sure to include your tax info, social security #, and a credit card # so i can make sure you arent payin too much interest to these banks.

Can you help me setup an offshore bank account?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you one of those a$$holes who thinks he's superior because you're lightskin?:wtb:

I know Im superior....I dont know wat bein lightskin has to do wit it tho?

If u dont wake up every morning tryna be da best wat da fuk u wakin breathin in MY air for?:childplease:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Doing a one year internship then one more year of school then off to a big four or training office

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
ok i will tell u this and only this:

1. Get your accounting degree...have a high GPA
2. Get your CPA certification...pass all 4 parts and make sure u have the necessary classes and experience
3. Seek work with a big 4 accounting firm or 2nd tier firm
4. Find a mentor...
5. Seek out the big projects
6. Work hard...you almost gotta be married to your job...require a lot of sacrifice
7. Leave when you become a manager

Then u can easily command a 6 digit salary if not more anywhere you go...

If you decide to stay at a firm past manager...work hard and maybe u can make partner and they make anywhere from $250K to $5 million depending on the clients and partner-share they have.

good luck

I know experience is a big thing, so i'm going to start trying to intern at small firms in january just to get my resume poppin. I will have my degree in about 3 years. in nj you can take the test prior to getting the 150 credit's needed to become a CPA. As are as sacrifice, i've done it for lesser gigs, so this is nothing. I'd rather sacrifice for something I like.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, depends on where you're at. Small cities wont' really have accounting jobs like that, and if they do, they will try to severely lowball you. With accounting, it's big city or bust, unless you are using a smaller business for experience... which WILL be necessary, since all of the bigger gigs will require some experience unless you were flat-out outstanding in school.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
ITT: People who spent 4 years studying a dull as fukk subject and were immune to falling asleep in class.

Finance and Labor Econ major here. Props to ya'll nikkas who studied this shyt for your major. Managerial and Financial Accounting were too mind numbing for me to want to go Intermediate Accounting and beyond.