Are potatos a healthy food?

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
My argument in this thread is potatoes are not bad for u. How am i losing nutritients?

This my typical daily meals:

Breakfast: chocolate milk after workout, 1 cup egg whites with chopped bell pepper, 1 cup oatmeal, half a cup of non fat greek yogurt, 1 cup of strawberries, one bannana, 1 cup of skim milk with protein shake.

Lunch: 6oz chicken breast, 2 cups of mixed veggies, half cup of almonds, 1 and a half cup of yougurt with crushed granola and fresh berries

Dinner: i can of tuna, 2 pieces of wheat toast with peanutbutter, protein shake with half of cup of non fat greek yogurt.

In between ill have some snack like a small bag of chips or pistachios or an apple.

Only supplements i take are vitamin d, super b complex, fish oil and magnesium.

Where am i missng my nutrients?

That's how. Milk and milk products are counter productive, however they seem to be so into your regimen (bad carbs) you'll never taper off of it. Your supplementation is fine. What kind of magnesium?

As far as the potatoes, the way they are being consumed in the American diet it's not good for you. You'll get further without it than with it but I digress. If it's part of your addiction (chips) then keep going and just work out against it like you've been doing.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
That's how. Milk and milk products are counter productive, however they seem to be so into your regimen (bad carbs) you'll never taper off of it. Your supplementation is fine. What kind of magnesium?

As far as the potatoes, the way they are being consumed in the American diet it's not good for you. You'll get further without it than with it but I digress. If it's part of your addiction (chips) then keep going and just work out against it like you've been doing.
Why would i taper off of milk? Its good source of vitamin d and calcium with some proteins. I never heard anyone say tbats a bad carb? And since when did greek yogurt become a bad carb? :dwillhuh:

And i eat chips like twice a month. I just gave an example of a snack. Wouldnt call that an addicition

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Why would i taper off of milk? Its good source of vitamin d and calcium with some proteins. I never heard anyone say tbats a bad carb? And since when did greek yogurt become a bad carb? :dwillhuh:

And i eat chips like twice a month. I just gave an example of a snack. Wouldnt call that an addicition

You know what's a great source of vitamin d?

THE SUN MOTHA fukkA!

Milk is all bad homie but do you. Never go past protein powder when it comes to milk products.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
You know what's a great source of vitamin d?

THE SUN MOTHA fukkA!

Milk is all bad homie but do you. Never go past protein powder when it comes to milk products.
I live in an area where its still 90 degrees in november. fukk the sun :francis:

tater

Superstar
Daps
I just bake them for about an hour. Getting them fresh out the oven when it's caramelized and the syrup is pouring out is the best. Throw some peanut butter and cinnamon on it and it's like heaven:banderas:

This sounds heavenly. Definitely going to try it out. You use actual peaunut butter or the powder? Either way, I'll probably try the powder first.

I usually make my seeet potatoes really simply. Baked until it's all caramelly, then coconut oil and sea salt. It's delicious.

Those of you looking for a quick and easy red potato recipe: I chop them up into 4ths, toss them in about a tbsp of olive oil, garlic, sea salt, fresh rosemary and black pepper. Then bake covered for awhile. Take off the cover and cook until the edges are brown. This goes great with the boring ass chicken breast and spinach lol. I'm trying to do more fish but it's expensive :mjcry:.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
This sounds heavenly. Definitely going to try it out. You use actual peaunut butter or the powder? Either way, I'll probably try the powder first.

I usually make my seeet potatoes really simply. Baked until it's all caramelly, then coconut oil and sea salt. It's delicious.

Those of you looking for a quick and easy red potato recipe: I chop them up into 4ths, toss them in about a tbsp of olive oil, garlic, sea salt, fresh rosemary and black pepper. Then bake covered for awhile. Take off the cover and cook until the edges are brown. This goes great with the boring ass chicken breast and spinach lol. I'm trying to do more fish but it's expensive :mjcry:.

i use actual peanut butter and go with the honey or natural creamy. i tried the powder and after a couple of weeks it started having a chemical taste to it. this was years ago so maybe it's better now and i noticed they have a chocolate flavor too:patrice: