Are nintendo gamers the easiest to bamboozle?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Top Ten Best-Selling Nintendo Switch Games (as of 31st December 2020):

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 33.41 million
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 31.18 million
  3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 22.85 million
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 21.45 million
  5. Pokémon Sword and Shield - 20.35 million
  6. Super Mario Odyssey - 20.23 million
  7. Super Mario Party - 13.82 million
  8. Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Let's Go, Eevee! - 13.00 million
  9. Splatoon 2 - 11.90 million
  10. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 9.82 million
Out of the top 10 best sellers only half are current gen games.

Take out ports and this are the switch best games

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 31.18 million
  2. Pokémon Sword and Shield - 20.35 million
  3. Super Mario Odyssey - 20.23 million
  4. Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Let's Go, Eevee! - 13.00 million
  5. Splatoon 2 - 11.90 million
In 4 years those are the best sellers. Very meh list of games

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
There’s like four Nintendo hats threads on the first page :wow:

Nintendo topics are to the arcadium as Drake topics are to the booth.

And Microsoft topics here are what height threads are to TLR.:pachaha:

And don’t get me started bout who the JBO equivalent is.:lolbron:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nintendo topics are to the arcadium as Drake topics are to the booth.

And Microsoft topics here are what height threads are to TLR.:pachaha:

And don’t get me started bout who the JBO equivalent is.:lolbron:

Naw this nintendo storm is new. SOmeone tried to claim a couple weeks ago nintendo domination and ever since then people have been hyper focused on nintendo including me.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Bro we don’t even have ot start with those companies...lets look at nintendo itself....

They packaged mario galaxy, another wii game in with two other games for 60 dollars.

So why would zelda skyward sword alone cost the same price?

how about we do start with those companies like when Capcom tried to finesse with with a Switch launch an old SF title that was damn near a full priced game and then not too long after drop the street fighter collection on Switch.

Yes, Nintendo just like every single one of the game companies have bad practices, but I won't understand why stans elsewhere are shytting on nintendo fans for actually like the good and fun shyt nintendo puts out. Nobody gonna fully hate the company as a whole but will leave room to get at em for the bs they pull.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mass effect legendary is a full fledged remaster, with new textures, QoL improvements, DLC, and 3 entire games that for the first time are all aesthetically similar.

Nintendo just announced a HD port of game from 2011 for full price.

There are certainly levels to the milking. Nintendo got a full dairy farm.
Lmao breh really thought he had one :dead:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
not that my pov is the rule but I've consistently seen ppl begging for these old ass games to come to switch

if gba games ever go up ima be bamboozled too

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Lmao breh really thought he had one :dead:

breh Gizmo has been going at Nintendo stans since the direct. I used that as an example and apparently it's not a rehash because they polished it and added some new stuff, I say they did the same with Xenoblade last year, people call it a rehash, point ignored. brings up 3D all stars and skyward, I talk about capcom's finesse tactics "we don't have to start with those companies"

this shyt could literally drag forever at this point. I even agreed with some points the OP made, but gotta sit here and act like Nintendo is the only ones out here doing this. ok.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
breh Gizmo has been going at Nintendo stans since the direct. I used that as an example and apparently it's not a rehash because they polished it and added some new stuff, I say they did the same with Xenoblade last year, people call it a rehash, point ignored. brings up 3D all stars and skyward, I talk about capcom's finesse tactics "we don't have to start with those companies"

this shyt could literally drag forever at this point. I even agreed with some points the OP made, but gotta sit here and act like Nintendo is the only ones out here doing this. ok.

He been on Nintendo's asses a few weeks before the direct.

His point wasn't that Nintendo is the only one that does it, just that they do it to the hardest....which is not wrong.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
not that my pov is the rule but I've consistently seen ppl begging for these old ass games to come to switch

if gba games ever go up ima be bamboozled too

You can want ports without wanting to pay new game prices for them. It’s just nintendo taking advantage

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
He been on Nintendo's asses a few weeks before the direct.

His point wasn't that Nintendo is the only one that does it, just that they do it to the hardest....which is not wrong.

His point is that Nintendo does that and their fans eat it up whatever they do with no criticism. And he's been thread jumping and creating thread trying to jam that point which people don't agree with fully. If you feel Nintendo is doing it the hardest, by all means.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
His point is that Nintendo does that and their fans eat it up whatever they do with no criticism. And he's been thread jumping and creating thread trying to jam that point which people don't agree with fully. If you feel Nintendo is doing it the hardest, by all means.

Only nintendo stans don’t agree because they have to feel their spending habits are being validated somehow. I can own a nintendo, buy the games, enjoy them and still admit nintendo has unfair pricing practices amongst other things.

Nintendo’s marketing sector is probably the greatest in the world next to Apple. They have thoroughly convinced it’s audience it’s not a major capitalist billion dollar corporate entity like the other guys simply based on the fact that they mostly make family friendly games.

The shyt is they are far more anti-consumer than the big two and they aren’t even hiding it.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Only nintendo stans don’t agree because they have to feel their spending habits are being validated somehow. I can own a nintendo, buy the games, enjoy them and still admit nintendo has unfair pricing practices amongst other things.

Nintendo’s marketing sector is probably the greatest in the world next to Apple. They have thoroughly convinced it’s audience it’s not a major billion dollar corporate entity like the other guys simply based on the fact that they mostly make family friendly games.

The shyt is they are far more anti-consumer than the big two and they aren’t even hiding it.

Dude go ahead.

the post you got at me, went at me for mentioning other companies rehashing, and agreeing with full price and trash internet because I mentioned Bioware rehashing as well recently, and you started to sugar coat it because it was a remaster. but then start to just subject nintendo fans as some group that doesn't get at Nintendo for a lot of the bs they do only because of see some people happy with something saw in a direct? check twitter, check reddit, check youtube, there are nintendo fans diehard ones too that can't with Nintendo a lot of the time.

Not even gonna try to figure how you would think Nintendo has convinced their fans they're not a billion dollar major company when it's been publicly stated to many that they're the or one the top companies in Japan right now.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Dude go ahead.

the post you got at me, went at me for mentioning other companies rehashing, and agreeing with full price and trash internet because I mentioned Bioware rehashing as well recently, and you started to sugar coat it because it was a remaster. but then start to just subject nintendo fans as some group that doesn't get at Nintendo for a lot of the bs they do only because of see some people happy with something saw in a direct? check twitter, check reddit, check youtube, there are nintendo fans diehard ones too that can't with Nintendo a lot of the time.

Not even gonna try to figure how you would think Nintendo has convinced their fans they're not a billion dollar major company when it's been publicly stated to many that they're the or one the top companies in Japan right now.

I literally said thecoli was the only place I’ve seen people justifying the 60 dollar ports as a group.

You can’t say you have complaints about their pricing and in the same breath say it’s fair because you haven’t played it before which most people here are doing. If you don’t think something is fair you don’t support and/or make excuses for it.

Even if 60 dollars isn’t a big deal for you it’s completely fair to say they are gouging prices without betraying Nintendo. But you are sitting here trying to argue with me that it’s ok because other publishers are doing the same thing, (which relative to nintendo they aren’t even close) completely trying to move the goal post to justify it all.

5/10 top selling games on the switch are last gen games. You are incentivizing nintendo to not even create new games at this point. They ran out of wii-u ports and now they are charging full price for wii ports, whats next full priced GameCube ports?

What other publisher banks on full priced ports to make a majority of their profit? It also doesn’t make sense to me how people can complain @The Mad Titan about 70 dollar brand new 1st party PlayStation games but defend 10 year old ports being 60 dollars.

Last edited: