Are most Black Louisianians Catholic?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All i know is alot of the Katrina transplants here in dallas were raised catholic. I just assumed Louisiana was very catholic from that.

A few of them even have the apocrypha in house :ehh:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
All i know is alot of the Katrina transplants here in dallas were raised catholic. I just assumed Louisiana was very catholic from that.

A few of them even have the apocrypha in house :ehh:
Are they interesting to read?

invalid

Banned
Daps
Not in Louisiana but all the creoles I know are Catholic. And I know quite a few. The really upscale ones converted to my church, the Episcopal Church. I don't know any creoles that are Baptist or anything other.

My father's family is from the Florida parishes. Not creole but descends from French Huguenots that settled in the area. The Huguenots fled France particularly because they weren't Catholic.

Growing up we had something called the Black Youth Conference ( BYC). It was like a youth retreats for all the black Catholics in southern Louisiana. It was basically a weekend away from home in Opelousas....... A bunch of teenagers from Lake Charles to New Orleans (coed)

The women ........ my Gawd.... :wow:

Damn, I can imagine.:whew:

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Know a shorty who lives in Beaumont TX but her fam is from Opelousas. Whole family is devout Catholics. Mass every Sunday, goes to confession. Virgin and she’ll be 23 next year.

didnt know black Catholics existed til I met her

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Know a shorty who lives in Beaumont TX but her fam is from Opelousas. Whole family is devout Catholics. Mass every Sunday, goes to confession. Virgin and she’ll be 23 next year.

didnt know black Catholics existed til I met her

You don't be around other Haitians?

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
New Orleans is reputed to be the Most Catholic city in America. Also and the oldest cathedral in America I believe.