Are millennial parents really raising bad ass kids out here?

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Every generation whines about "kids these days" eventually. The kids of today are no worse than the kids of 15, 25, 50 years ago. The girl in the video is only 22 years old and older folks were/are saying the same shyt about her generation. I'm a few years older and I can remember more than a few bad ass little kids in my kindergarten and 1st grade class, hell even pre-K. Folks need to stop lying and acting like their era was perfect.

As far as the post goes, the issues in the video aren't "gentle parenting" to begin with. Not instilling values such as respect for adults among your children is simply neglect, and disrespectful kids have always existed. Those aren't "gentle" parents, just shytty ones.

And the term "gentle parenting" is stupid in of itself. Not beating the shyt out of your kids doesn't make you gentle any more than not hitting and abusing women makes a man a "nice guy".

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
"The new children are bad" is a common refrain from older people to the point I genuinely tune it out. That being said I think the troubling thing about young children today is the lack of communication and social skills that are regularly reported. Whether people want to blame tablets or quarantine, a lot of small children (and teens) really struggle to express themselves and process things. The other thing that ties a lot of this together is the various studies and school reports showing that large percentages of students are failing basic shyt like reading and writing. Not even talking about math, which is bad too obviously. We've got a couple generations stacked up that don't read...at all. A pretty stark difference from when I was a kid and Harry Potter or Goosebumps or Hunger Games etc were regularly being read.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Every generation whines about "kids these days" eventually. The kids of today are no worse than the kids of 15, 25, 50 years ago. The girl in the video is only 22 years old and older folks were/are saying the same shyt about her generation. I'm a few years older and I can remember more than a few bad ass little kids in my kindergarten and 1st grade class, hell even pre-K. Folks need to stop lying and acting like their era was perfect.

As far as the post goes, the issues in the video aren't "gentle parenting" to begin with. Not instilling values such as respect for adults among your children is simply neglect, and disrespectful kids have always existed. Those aren't "gentle" parents, just shytty ones.

And the term "gentle parenting" is stupid in of itself. Not beating the shyt out of your kids doesn't make you gentle any more than not hitting and abusing women makes a man a "nice guy".
In bold. Respectfully disagree. They do have a lot of advantages due to technology. However, phones and social media have created a generation of introverts who are highly distracted. It has bled into older generations too.