Are Jay-Z and Nas the only rappers ever that have been relevant for 15+ years?

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And lol @ LL Cool J not being relevant for 15 years, he came out in 85 and he went gold 20 years later.

but did you get that feeling when he dropped albums? like the streets was buzzing and couldn't wait? lol, not so much. thats what im talkin about. nas and jay-z are still arguably the kings of new york, right now today. nobody really cares if LL or Ice Cube drop albums except old school rap fans (like me), you dont feel the electricity like that for them albums though. busta neither

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
his albums are events? really? ehh, i dont know about that bro, i dont feel that from his sh!t
Being relevant and having "event albums" are two different things.. Nas albums aren't events to the same audience that Jay or Em's albums are.. I mean as heads we love Nas... But he's not getting invited to Oprah it being asked to open the MTV Awards... I think as fans we just assume the rest of the country is excited for Nas albums..

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanye will probably do it as well, only 5 left for him, I reckon he'll still be about.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being relevant and having "event albums" are two different things.. Nas albums aren't events to the same audience that Jay or Em's albums are.. I mean as heads we love Nas... But he's not getting invited to Oprah it being asked to open the MTV Awards... I think as fans we just assume the rest of the country is excited for Nas albums..

Stop it.

Hip hop loves nas, new "hot" rappers love him on an appearance.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
but did you get that feeling when he dropped albums? like the streets was buzzing and couldn't wait? lol, not so much. thats what im talkin about. nas and jay-z are still arguably the kings of new york, right now today. nobody really cares if LL or Ice Cube drop albums except old school rap fans (like me), you dont feel the electricity like that for them albums though. busta neither

I got the same feeling as Nas when he dropped some of his albums like The Don or SD. If I didn't go on the coli, I wouldn't feel the buzz. Dukes in Houston might not have felt it. All I know is that LLs singles were playing on the radio, broads loved that shyt and it moved records. I've got more Nas fans in my circle and I'm a fan myself so obviously I will check for him and feel his buzz. But i've not been a fan of LL cool j's shyt that dropped after 97. Ice Cube I felt the streets were buzzing for him up until 06, which is 20 years.

shyt even this in 2008, 24 million views.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzeZhCt5PVA"]Ice Cube - Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

nah, i specifically said "the rap world" because Nas aint really a "pop" dude like the others you mentioned, i'm talking about being events to the rap game, not "the world". when nas drops a cd everybody in rap knows about it and they recognize that its kind of a big deal, despite if they themselves are into nas or not.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
nah, i specifically said "the rap world" because Nas aint really a "pop" dude like the others you mentioned, i'm talking about being events to the rap game, not "the world". when nas drops a cd everybody in rap knows about it and they recognize that its kind of a big deal, despite if they themselves are into nas or not.
Okay gotcha... I thought we were talking in general terms and not just within the culture...

If that's the case Eminem don't count, because hip hop don't fukk with him like that anymore..

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
But lets congratulate Weezy F, he's in the club next year :yes:

And shouts to Pac, he almost made it getting plaques albums between 91 and 04 14 years.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a shame how short a rap career is.

I'm sure I'd it generated more money, veterans would be more encorouged to take it seriously, instead of trying different careers.