Are Jay-Z and Nas the only rappers ever that have been relevant for 15+ years?

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I definitely remember those albums dropping and the ad in magazines. But I can't remember any individual songs or singles for some reason.

LL had a few joints on GOAT. Actually, I think that album is what brought the word "GOAT" into the hiphop lexicon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
smh @ you acting like nas & jay are equal as far as buzz,jay passed him quite some time ago

nobody who has been around 15+ has passed either one of them in the rap world, thats all i said and thats all im saying.

tumblr_m59a99tlFY1rq1gnc.gif

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Outkast reunites they'll be in that category as well. Dre alone causes "events" just for 1 VERSE.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^outkast has been in the B.O.B. category the majority of their career. and when they actually were big in the rap world, they werent that important. an outkast album release was never an event in the hip-hop world.

im loving the way that this thread turned out. alot of rappers careers & "accolades" are finally being put in their proper perspective on here.

lol @ jay fans getting upset because niccas arent overly impressed by his industry hustle & politics. lol @ nas fans in denial. lol @ the majority of these names being mentioned.

ll cool j dropped GOAT in year 17 of his career. nobody is touching that. the only album he dropped up to that point that maybe wasnt a big deal upon release was "phenomenon" which definitely became a big deal a couple months afterwards.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Aww man. Yeah, "Ill Bomb" was crazy. Someone needs to make a best of LL.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^yea. and sometimes people forget the joints that he had leading up to that album as well.