Are Hispanics Gonna Keep Acting Like They Aren't of Arabic Origin?

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Their genes are available for viewing. They're Euro/Native (or black) genetic people, not Arabs. Merely because the Turks controlled parts of Spain doesn't make the Spanairds Arab.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Wait what :mjlol:

I can understand more Italian words than Arabic words. But anyway you saying that South America and half of North America was being ruled by Arabians :russ:

no...im saying the country that colonized modern day spanish speaking countries was under Muslim rule

LuckyLibra619

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
There def is some Arabic influence on Spanish. I might be wrong but I believe the word "Alfombra" (Carpet in Spanish) is either an Arabic word or a variation of it. There's quite a few words in Spanish that have Arabic origins.

Hispanics are mixed for the most part. Most Hispanics have some degree of European/Native American/African DNA, usually depends on the region you're looking at.

Thabo

Pro
Daps
Their genes are available for viewing. They're Euro/Native (or black) genetic people, not Arabs. Merely because the Turks controlled parts of Spain doesn't make the Spanairds Arab.
Turks never ruled Spain are you delusional? It was Arabs who ruled it and that's why they have Arabic influence. Turks speak Turkish.

razassin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most def a lotta people from spain look arabic...

There were also huge migrations from countries in the middle east and turkey into the caribean 100 years ago

I think the US has to rethink their use of hispanic... because even tho they speak the same language or come from south of border they are very different from one another...

A lot of these latinos white as fukk blonde hair blue eyes and all, there are also a lotta black ones from dr venezuela and cuba who be on that :mjpls:

And the natives lookn ones who 5'2 and look half asian

There are also the long nose ones hairy as fukk and darl skin who look arabic

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
A similar 2014 study by Lazaridis et al. found an average African admixture of 14.8% (12.6% Mozabite and 2.2% Mbuti/Yoruba) in the Spanish population, confirming that gene flow from Sub-Saharan and North African populations has occurred in the Spanish sample.[32]

mozabites

133102118_13919889872861n.jpg

o-MOZABITE-facebook.jpg

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
The term "hispanic" never really was clear to me. Is a Black Cuban "Hispanic", since he's from Cuba and speaks Spanish? Or is he not because he's Black? Is a native south american "Hispanic" if he speaks spanish, even though he has no link with the conquistadores?

Anyways in Spain the arabic influence is indeed quite obvious, especially in Andalucia. It's not something they try to "hide" either, at least not to my knowledge. And later on you had Spanish rule over parts of Morocco I think, plus the fact that both countries are separated by like 10 kms of water only.

But there's a difference between Arabic influence on the Spanish language (which is quite obvious), and "genetical" influence or whatever; which is what the Coli obsesses about. Not all of nowadays Spain was under Arab rule, there's no reason to believe that every single conquistador had Arab blood. Actually quite the contrary since the Reconquista led to mass killings and exodus, wouldn't be surprised if lots of "mixed" people fled Spain, just like the Jews did. And the Conquistadores were not all from Spain (we all know Columbus was from nowadays north Italy).

And obviously when in Spain you will see what you call "Arabic" looking people...that's really Mediterannean looking people. That ocean has seen people going from one part to the other for thousands of years, it's no surprise they look similar.

Something totally different though is the Lebanese and other Middle-Easterners who emigrated to SA later on. But that has nothing to do with the whole Spaniard thing.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
i spoke with one of my Mexican/Salvadorean coworkers about this and he admitted that most hispanics see their Arabic hertiage as taboo

The fukk do Salvadoreans know about Arabs :dead:

Lmaoooo at them nikkas playing along

Spanish did borrow vocab from Arabic but I wouldn't say they have an Arabic heritage. And certainly not central Americans who are crazy admixed and whose ancestors could've come from anywhere and not just the Muslim parts of Spain.

Stop it beloved.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium

They could've found better examples prob, because most words are the same/very similar in french too (except oil and scorpion) despite France never having been ruled by Moors/Arabs. Even back in CAR we said "sikir" for sugar.

I do remember one spanish dude who had never learned arabic that went to Palestine and understodd tons of words. Words that were not similar in other romance languages (French or Italian for example), so that influenc was more particular to Spanish. I always say that's why Spanish is harder for a french-speaker like myself to learn than Italian for example, because of the Arabic it contains.

But one has to remember that the Arabic world in the olden days was what Europe became later : the center for culture, arts, innovation, science, etc...so the influence it had (including linguisticaly) was huge.