Are all samoans just naturally fat?

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
It goes bith ways, they got crazy natural strength but can also get mad obese.

They run well for some big ass dudes too:

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
my mother is tongan & french.
My pops is straight samoan.

damn can you Imagine the get togethers back in the day? It was like some super friendly welcoming then after dinner it was like some Island war syndrome. Crazy times but after all the broken glass, dishes etc..everyone giving out hugs and daps and kisses.
@IttyBittyKitty

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Interesting....:jbhmm:
Chile when I kept seeing them Samoan dudes everywhere, tatted up (I do not like tattoos EXCEPT on Polys), locs, fros, low cut Caesars with the deep waves [in Beyoncé voice].... They're some pretty muhfuccas. Standing there cool as a fan looking squared up like a fine azz Deebo with a big bushy ponytail... LORDT

I kept thinking they were brothers... That was hilarious... Going to the beach and they're boogie boarding and body surfing like pros...

Daps
Chile when I kept seeing them Samoan dudes everywhere, tatted up (I do not like tattoos EXCEPT on Polys), locs, fros, low cut Caesars with the deep waves [in Beyoncé voice].... They're some pretty muhfuccas. Standing there cool as a fan looking squared up like a fine azz Deebo with a big bushy ponytail... LORDT

I kept thinking they were brothers... That was hilarious... Going to the beach and they're boogie boarding and body surfing like pros...

Welp, I just figured out where I'm going for one out of the two vacations I'm supposed to take as a resolution. :smugfavre:

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Welp, I just figured out where I'm going for one out of the two vacations I'm supposed to take as a resolution. :smugfavre:
You will not regret it. Like I said life is hard for people, but they're very pleasant very calm compared to the states. They let you get over on the highway, instead of speeding up. The chill is out of this world.

Milomann

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It's natural selection. On long ocean voyages to find another island, only those with a bit of extra meat on their bones are going to make it there alive. They will pass those genes on to the next generation.:manny:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
They could be the master race

:ohhh:
Nah

I fukks with them but it depends. It really, REALLY depends when it comes to them. Sometimes I wouldn't mind them as fam then other times it just makes me feel like :francis:. That pride shyt is foreal

One of my closest friends was Samoan and that nikka road for me. But he was also Americanized so :yeshrug:. It wasn't the same because he didn't care and understood the grand scheme

My other boy was Mexican, samoan, and philipino so he was always trying to prove himself. I was like fukk that shyt dawg, just be a good nikka but he stayed on that trying to fit in shyt

KingSlime

All Star
Daps
Samoans/Polynesians are descended from nomadic seafaring tribes from Asia that would sail endlessly across the pacific ocean looking for new islands to inhabit. Thing is though, most islands on polynesia are 1) Very very small and 2) Very far apart.
Map_OC-Polynesia.PNG

So it wasn't uncommon for these people to be out at sea going without food for weeks at a time before finding another island and naturally, they began to develop extremely slow metabolisms that made it so their bodies would burn less essential calories to help with the scarcity of food/resources. This slow metabolism carried over onto their descendants which is why so many of them get fat so easily