MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's so good. Make sure you go to a quiet theatre though,if you see a bunch of teens in the audience no bueno

yeah I feel like this is a flick I need to see in the middle of the day and avoid the normal friday night saturday night crowd unless im at the Alamo

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
"I can't believe your finally here," someone says. The camera dives into the water. A ship soars through the water. A gladiator match seems to be coming. The ship enters Atlantis, with several ships ferrying in and out. The Ocean Master stands in the coliseum, rallying the crowd against his brother who will challenge him for the throne. Arthur trains on the beach. He's younger and catches the quindent with his bare hands, just before his face. He lifts a submarine from the water. He kicks ass insode the sub. Above water, he tells Mera he is a "blood instrument" and he's "damn good at it". Mera begs Arthur to help so "millions of people" don't die. Water crashes on land. Dafoe's character tells him to go "deeper" to discover his Atlantean instincts, before being revealed in a leather-y black costume. Black Manta looks ripped from a comic, with glowing red eyes. A war between an army on foot underwater and men riding sharks ensues. The Ocean Master promises to bring the"wrath of seven seas."

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
"I can't believe your finally here," someone says. The camera dives into the water. A ship soars through the water. A gladiator match seems to be coming. The ship enters Atlantis, with several ships ferrying in and out. The Ocean Master stands in the coliseum, rallying the crowd against his brother who will challenge him for the throne. Arthur trains on the beach. He's younger and catches the quindent with his bare hands, just before his face. He lifts a submarine from the water. He kicks ass insode the sub. Above water, he tells Mera he is a "blood instrument" and he's "damn good at it". Mera begs Arthur to help so "millions of people" don't die. Water crashes on land. Dafoe's character tells him to go "deeper" to discover his Atlantean instincts, before being revealed in a leather-y black costume. Black Manta looks ripped from a comic, with glowing red eyes. A war between an army on foot underwater and men riding sharks ensues. The Ocean Master promises to bring the"wrath of seven seas."

:wow:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
:dame:

Last edited:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
:banderas: dc we bike and unlike previous good reports I trust this cuz wan is good. Sounds great from the description a tie in to the man of steel oil rig from Arthur’s perspective must be included. Seems like this will be dc black panther in terms of world building and society building, I prefer characters from obscure location to operate in said location

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
'Aquaman' director James Wan teases a 'Shakespearean story' of sibling rivalry

They say blood is thicker than water — but does that hold up underwater?

Audiences may find out in Warner Bros’. upcoming Aquaman movie, which director James Wan says will tell a “Shakespearean” tale of sibling rivalry set against a sci-fi/fantasy backdrop.

Speaking to EW at CinemaCon in Las Vegas on Tuesday, the filmmaker teased the central conflict between Jason Momoa’s titular hero (a.k.a. Arthur Curry) and his villainous brother, Orm (who also goes by the nom de guerre Ocean Master).

“The main antagonist in this movie is Orm, played by Patrick Wilson,” Wan said. “And Black Manta, played by Yahya [Abdul-Mateen], is caught up in that world with them as well. But the main drive really is, it’s almost a very classic Shakespearean story about brother from another world vs. brother from another world. And it really is a classic story of sibling rivalry.”

Wan added that Aquaman will be unique among superhero movies because its danger comes not from the sky or another dimension, but from the depths.

“We’re used to superhero movies where the threat is from another dimension or aliens from another universe coming here and trying to destroy our Earth,” Wan said. “But we haven’t seen one where the main threat is from a massive, massive civilization that is right under our nose, in the ocean.… The idea that there could be a massive civilization living right underneath [us] that we don’t know about is kind of scary and exciting.”

Aquaman will also mark Momoa’s first solo outing as the Atlantean hero, after a cameo in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and a supporting role in Justice League, and Wan thinks he’s ready for the spotlight. “One of the things people will be surprised by is seeing that Jason Momoa is not just a tough guy, but that the guy is actually very charismatic, funny, goofy, and is a potential romantic lead,” he said.

Shortly after chatting with EW, Wan introduced some rough footage from the movie taking viewers straight into the vast undersea world of Atlantis. The footage featured Aquaman and Mera (Amber Heard) traveling in a spaceship-like vehicle into the lavish world, as well as Orm — with slicked-back, silvery-blond hair — standing in an arena as he intones, “My brother has come from the surface to challenge me for the throne.”

Momoa’s muscle-bound Aquaman delivers one-liners referring to his brute strength, such as, “I’ve learned from a young age not to show weakness, solving my problems with my fists. I’m a blunt instrument, and I’m good at it.”

Mera tells him he’s part of something deeper, and under threat of destruction.

The footage ended with an epic battle scene and Orm rasping, “War is coming to the surface, and I’m bringing the wrath of the Seven Seas with me.”

Aquaman hits theaters Dec. 21.
:wow: