Apple says they've been intentionally slowing the performance of older iPhones

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung and other companies are doing the same stuff.

so don't blame Samsung because you're getting ganked!
Samsung released a update a couple months back that made the note 4 damn near unusable. Knew about the problem, and suggested people buy the new note instead of offering a fix.
:francis:

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
Samsung released a update a couple months back that made the note 4 damn near unusable. Knew about the problem, and suggested people buy the new note instead of offering a fix.
:francis:

:rudy:

The update you're referring to is a security patch for both the Note 4 & S5 which is primarily for security issues & while it also had optimizations for the battery, this is a moot point as an old inoperable or completely dead battery from a Note 4 & S5 can be easily replaced in minutes by simply removing the back cover & plopping in a new battery for $25.00 or less, unlike older iPhone models which cost $79 (plus additional charges if you ship it to Apple), not to mention the additional headache & much longer wait time for repair whether you send the iPhone to Apple or take it into their stores.

Furthermore, there are always software updates from smart phone manufacturers that can cause glitches & stability issues, but that doesn't mean that it was done with malfeasance in mind.

Finally, it's Apple, not Samsung that has admitted they've throttled their older iPhones & this has nothing to do or has no correlation based on a random security patch that Samsung issued for the older S5/Note 4 models.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The first time I truly felt planned obsolescence was when I bought the laptop I'm posting on, now.

My first laptop died in stages and I replace it.

I forgot why I bought this one, but, I don't remember needing. My 2nd laptop did need it's hard drive replaced in like two months, but, I rocked with it for years after I got it fixed.

Bro, I bought my current laptop and the other one just straight up died. Blue screen and every thing.

All three were hP, btw.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:rudy:

The update you're referring to is a security patch for both the Note 4 & S5 which is primarily for security issues & while it also had optimizations for the battery, this is a moot point as an old inoperable or completely dead battery from a Note 4 & S5 can be easily replaced in minutes by simply removing the back cover & plopping in a new battery for $25.00 or less, unlike older iPhone models which cost $79 (plus additional charges if you ship it to Apple), not to mention the additional headache & much longer wait time for repair whether you send the iPhone to Apple or take it into their stores.

Furthermore, there are always software updates from smart phone manufacturers that can cause glitches & stability issues, but that doesn't mean that it was done with malfeasance in mind.

Finally, it's Apple, not Samsung that has admitted they've throttled their older iPhones & this has nothing to do or has no correlation based on a random security patch that Samsung issued for the older S5/Note 4 models.

What? A cheap battery is like 15 bucks...stop playing yourselves.
we might be talking about different updates, the battery wasn't the issue, they pushed a firmware update that the phone couldnt handle and it started causing random crashes and freeze every 5 minutes. It also wouldn't always boot up without pulling the battery multiple times. Replacing the battery fixes nothing.

Instead of a patch, they suggested people upgrade.

Someone developed a third party app that lessened the issues, so I know it's not impossible for Samsung to fix.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/936883

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thedro...are-update-issue-related-problems-1071843/amp

Note 4 destroyed by 6.0.1 update - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Lawsuit?

6s shuts off at 30% don' k if Apple can get sued over that, they keep the phone on by slowing it down the speed.
both the 6 and the 6s had that problem. I took my shyt back to the Apple store and they gave me one that didn't have it.
No really. Androids turn to shyt on they own after a year or so lol
Pretty much. Also many of them either don't get the new updates or you have to wait so long it's not worth bothering with anymore.