Apple iOS Backup is GOAT

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Phone insurance is a ripoff. I self-insure my phones by just keeping 2 phones. By the time you've paid the deductible and all those monthly fees over 2 years you might as well just bought another phone anyway.

I've never cracked a screen on a smartphone. The only glass screen I ever cracked was an iPad Nano. Usually put your phone in a good case and keep a dedicated phone pocket that you only put the phone in and nothing else and you're good.
So what if your phone falls in the ocean or down a ditch?

Your backup method is no where near as secure as having iCloud

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Apple backups on their iOS and macOS devices are the shyt. If you have an iOS device and you're not using iCloud backups you're losing. If you have a Mac and you're not using Time Machine backup you're losing.

I only use icloud to backup my browser bookmarks and my contacts. I back the rest of my phone on my macbook. then I use time machine to backup my macbook on a seperate hard drive.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I only use icloud to backup my browser bookmarks and my contacts. I back the rest of my phone on my macbook. then I use time machine to backup my macbook on a seperate hard drive.
So what is you have a house fire and your laptop burns up. Everything lost.

I had a house fire where my desktop blewup. Lost everything on my 8 harddrives. The only shyt I was able to save were all the data and media I had uploaded to Google cloud.

Now all my iportant files are in the cloud.

No more secure option.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Apple's backup solution is definitely goat. Especially for the average iPhone user. My iphone and mac backup seemlessly. fortunately my OnePlus without any native backup application, i have everything backed up easily without losing anything. Definitely not as slick solution as icloud though.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So what if your phone falls in the ocean or down a ditch?

Your backup method is no where near as secure as having iCloud
Other than health / life insurance, home owners / renter's insurance and auto insurance most insurance is a scam. Over the long term perpetually paying fees to insure stuff the insurance company gets the best of the deal.

I'll take that chance that I won't drop my phone in the ocean or in a ditch cause in almost a decade I've owned 15 different smartphones and only broke my HTC EVO 3D charge port and that was after the EVO 4G LTE came out so I traded it in no questions asked.

Samsung backup is pretty seamless and secure. I've restored phone across different models to the same state using it. I just restored a Note8 to a Note9 and it was put into the same exact state and that Note8 came from a Note7.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Do you have to pay extra for the cloud storage of the backup?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Like I mean... Samsung automatically backs up the gallery, text history, call history, apps, app data, music, documents, contacts.....

and its free:jbhmm:
I had to turn the music off because I had too much of it but yeah I think once a day when connecting to WiFi it backups automatically.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you have to pay extra for the cloud storage of the backup?
Apple offers four storage options: 5GB (free); 50GB (99 cents/month); 200GB ($2.99/month); and 2TB ($9.99/month).
I pay $0.99 for the 50 gb because I do icloud storage for my pictures/videos so that it frees up memory on my phone and so that my pics/vids are on all my apple devices. But if you just tryna do backups, the free way (5gb) should be enough for you.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
nikkas actually have space left on their icloud? I mean I been using this shyt for 6 years now but I been out of space lol

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Was on the last day of my 2 year AppleCare+ and copped a new 7+ for $99. Wondering if there's any valid reason to go for the new joints now :patrice:

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
So what is you have a house fire and your laptop burns up. Everything lost.

I had a house fire where my desktop blewup. Lost everything on my 8 harddrives. The only shyt I was able to save were all the data and media I had uploaded to Google cloud.

Now all my iportant files are in the cloud.

No more secure option.

Until iCloud backup covers every app on my phone, I’m backing up to my Mac weekly. iCloud backup doesn’t cover music purchased outside of iTunes or apps that contain any saved information (unless the app is iCloud enabled by the developer) like separate photos, videos or documents. Learned that the hard way the last time I damaged a phone and lost couple thousand songs that I burned years ago from CDs.