Apple Gang...This Macbook Pro M1 13 Tho :wow

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I had 2 Red Komodos and will be buying a BlackMagic 6k pro this week for behind the scenes work.
I own a marketing company with our primary work being Video production.
As far as 1 minute of 6k RAW footage I really can’t say off the top of my head. When I made the switch to RED last year my projects tripled if not quadrupled in file sizes. I used to work multiple projects at a time off a 4tb drive. Now I have a bunch of 4tb drives for individual projects and a couple 14th drives.
I bought 1TB Angelbird CF cards for each camera.
I believe there are calculators online that break down how long you can expect to record and files sizes based on the resolution and codec. I vaguely remember seeing something like that a while back.
Word, thanks for the information, breh

What SSD do you use for a scratch disk? Or do you edit off the internal drive?

I just bought a Samsung T7 and realized this shyt has no DRAM

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Word, thanks for the information, breh

What SSD do you use for a scratch disk? Or do you edit off the internal drive?

I just bought a Samsung T7 and realized this shyt has no DRAM
I actually edit off of western digital external HDDs. I keep as little as possible on the iMac’s internal drive. I haven’t felt the need at all to edit off an ssd. I don’t have any performance issues. Only time I’ve seen any kind of lag has been when a drive gets to near full. That’s when I see a project chugging and I have had to hurry up and free up space. I’d image there would be some benefit to working off an ssd but I haven’t personally had the need to.
My iMac has 64 gigs of ram and an i7 processor that works just fine for me. I’ll upgrade to the Mac mini studio at some point this year and get the iMac Pro (or whatever they end up calling it) next year.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I actually edit off of western digital external HDDs. I keep as little as possible on the iMac’s internal drive. I haven’t felt the need at all to edit off an ssd. I don’t have any performance issues. Only time I’ve seen any kind of lag has been when a drive gets to near full. That’s when I see a project chugging and I have had to hurry up and free up space. I’d image there would be some benefit to working off an ssd but I haven’t personally had the need to.
My iMac has 64 gigs of ram and an i7 processor that works just fine for me. I’ll upgrade to the Mac mini studio at some point this year and get the iMac Pro (or whatever they end up calling it) next year.
Damn :merchant: learnt something new today, I was sure these spinning drives would be a huge bottleneck, even for regular 1080p, let alone 4K. Will try editing off an HDD this week. Thanks, breh, repped.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Damn :merchant: learnt something new today, I was sure these spinning drives would be a huge bottleneck, even for regular 1080p, let alone 4K. Will try editing off an HDD this week. Thanks, breh, repped.
You’ll be straight with an external HDD for sure. I’ve been working off of them with 4k footage for 4 years now with no issues. I’ve only recently started shooting and editing 6k but so far I haven’t had any issues either. Really, the only slow down I find most of the time is due to unoptimized motion graphics plug ins.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
omg-oh-my-god.gif

I took that chance from two decades and some change with Windows and holy shyt, this is so spiritual.

Everything is so sleek, fast, and straight to the point. I did not have to do any sort of maintenance setting it up like previous Windows laptops and desktops. People shyt on the touchbar but this really makes things so easy to go through since I'm still a newbie with trying to use shortcuts, plus I got claws so Siri came through :wow:.

Hell it even felt surreal just opening the box and taking off the plastic. It felt like taking a jawn you had such a amazing time with back to the crib and smooth romantic music comes on while the clothes drop on the floor:whew:.

It so crazy how much I been sleeping for so many years because "expensive chromebooks".

Now I realize why Apple heads be breathing at the door like obese zombies just for a fukking IPhone.

I been converted brehs:ohlawd:
Welcome to the family breh

It took you a while, but ain't no turning back now breh ESPECIALLY once you get how it all connects (Mac, iPhone, Watch, iPad + iCloud). It's OVER.
giphy.gif

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Welcome to the family breh

It took you a while, but ain't no turning back now breh ESPECIALLY once you get how it all connects (Mac, iPhone, Watch, iPad + iCloud). It's OVER.
giphy.gif

Breh I was trying to get something for my son off of Google Play and went like :hhh:. I felt like I stoop low with such a primitive system:picard:. Even Windows just doesn't hit anymore.

I'm trying to get on that Ecosystem life especially that universal app update:banderas:

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
Homie :francis:

:damn: I just copped that same thang last week!!

nikka lets go!! :blessed:

im coming from a ‘13 mbp to this joint

i only do photography so i just need to run lightroom and throw some music on my phone n shyt :ehh:. I dont know num bout that hardrive giga shyt but for the money all that shyt better be proper.

:mjcry: I gotta wait till i get home next month to use it though

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Homie :francis:

:damn: I just copped that same thang last week!!

nikka lets go!! :blessed:

im coming from a ‘13 mbp to this joint

i only do photography so i just need to run lightroom and throw some music on my phone n shyt :ehh:. I dont know num bout that hardrive giga shyt but for the money all that shyt better be proper.

:mjcry: I gotta wait till i get home next month to use it though

:wow:Few days in and this jawn just hits so different. Its well worth the wait breh. Like this Macbook got me doing uncanny out of the ordinary shyt like reading articles while NPR radio plays through Apple Music.

Hell just doing my writing on it feels night and day compared to my old gaming laptop. I can actually focus and pump out pages, while on the gaming laptop I ended up feeling obligated to work because I should be playing games and shyt.

I really should have been Apple gang a long time ago breh, because holy shyt:banderas: