Apple Gang...This Macbook Pro M1 13 Tho :wow

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
That gif usage tho :russ:
I hope to join you by later this year or next year. I won’t abandon windows but I do want a Mac for other shyt

I know what it feels like to be with the cool kids now:wow:. I mean Windows is going to be my heart because "IT", but this new ting got me feeling like Usher :wow:

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Eh, as much as there is power underneath the hood of that Pro 14, I'm not going to be doing that much but writing and trying to focus on creating a blog site. This laptop is enough for that and thensome. Plus I am a sucker for the touchbar:wow:
Nah, not for the power, the screen! I got a 13in Macbook Air with 8gpu/8cpu/16gb Ram/ 512gb storage, but I wish I had the bigger screen with that small bezels.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I had windows laptops for many years. the first time I tried a mac, I swore them off and never looked back.

Breh I got a shyt load of PC games on Steam and etc. The moment I heard that DURRRRRRRM when I open the lid of the Macbook, I setttled for my basic jawns:hubie:. The closest thing I will get to Windows is my wife's laptop and a Steam Deck (if I can cop one by the year 3000:unimpressed:)

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Be careful with it. Ive had to replace my screen once due to closing it not paying attention to something being on the keyboard. Just had to open another AppleCare case today because theres some type of chip/intention mark on the screen :snoop:
shyts extra delicate from my experience over a year of ownership. Beware

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I despise what they've done as a company in terms of anti-consumer behavior that I can go on all day about BUT...
Time and time again I find their products the easiest to use, and have the most longevity of any of my other tech devices.
Right now I'm editing 6K RED RAW footage on a 2017 iMac on Final Cut Pro and it's handling the footage very well. (Now I'm likely going to upgrade to the new Mac mini with the ultra chip due to my projects getting more demanding overall, but my current machine is still solid and doesn't have the slightest hiccup when editing massive 4K projects)
The computer boots up just as fast as it always has and I have never had a single issue with it.
By comparison, I just copped an HP Omen with a 3080 in it, and out of the box the computer becomes unresponsive after it goes to sleep.
I've run into several driver issues with audio gear that works perfectly fine on my Alienware Laptop.
PC guys will respond to these gripes with "bwah ha ha. Why the hell did you buy an Alienware, or a HP. IDIOT!". But the point remains. In the Apple ecosystem, that high price tag comes with ease of use and longevity that is unmatched in my experience.
What line of work are you in, breh, if you don't mind my asking

Are you using the Blackmagic Pocket 6K camera?

Also, in your estimation, how many GB is 1 minute of 6K RAW footage? I gotta get a new SSD and I'll buy the right size then

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
What line of work are you in, breh, if you don't mind my asking

Are you using the Blackmagic Pocket 6K camera?

Also, in your estimation, how many GB is 1 minute of 6K RAW footage? I gotta get a new SSD and I'll buy the right size then
I had 2 Red Komodos and will be buying a BlackMagic 6k pro this week for behind the scenes work.
I own a marketing company with our primary work being Video production.
As far as 1 minute of 6k RAW footage I really can’t say off the top of my head. When I made the switch to RED last year my projects tripled if not quadrupled in file sizes. I used to work multiple projects at a time off a 4tb drive. Now I have a bunch of 4tb drives for individual projects and a couple 14th drives.
I bought 1TB Angelbird CF cards for each camera.
I believe there are calculators online that break down how long you can expect to record and files sizes based on the resolution and codec. I vaguely remember seeing something like that a while back.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I had 2 Red Komodos and will be buying a BlackMagic 6k pro this week for behind the scenes work.
I own a marketing company with our primary work being Video production.
As far as 1 minute of 6k RAW footage I really can’t say off the top of my head. When I made the switch to RED last year my projects tripled if not quadrupled in file sizes. I used to work multiple projects at a time off a 4tb drive. Now I have a bunch of 4tb drives for individual projects and a couple 14th drives.
I bought 1TB Angelbird CF cards for each camera.
I believe there are calculators online that break down how long you can expect to record and files sizes based on the resolution and codec. I vaguely remember seeing something like that a while back.
Time to RAID that shyt breh. I know you definitely don’t wanna get caught in a drive failure